Inspiration From Your Favorite Female Superheroes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

A lot of collegiettes wish they had superpowers like their favorite superheroes. But sometimes, as our favorite female superheroes prove, super is just a state of mind. Follow these life lessons and feel your powers increase:

Respect Others“If the prospect of living in a world where trying to respect the basic rights of those around you and valuing each other simply because we exist are such daunting, impossible tasks then what sort of world are we left with? And what sort of world do you want to live in?” – Wonder Woman

Be Yourself“The greater the struggle against your power, the more it resists. Let it become you, and you will find out what you are meant to be.” – Starfire

Love Yourself“In a world of ordinary mortals, you are a wonder woman.” – Queen Hippolyta

Face Your Problems Head On“There’s a reason I don’t have a list of villains as long as Bruce’s, Barry’s, or even yours. When I deal with them, I deal with them.” – Wonder Woman

Be Kind“Peace is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, and justice. It is not simply the absence of war.” – Wonder Woman

Don’t Listen to Negative Opinions“I know my value. Anyone else’s opinion doesn’t really matter.” – Agent Peggy Carter

Caroline is fashionable, creative, and eccentric, though she likes to consider herself whimsical. She is interested in animals, history, fashion, and true crime and wants to be a writer when she grows up (physically; she will never grow up mentally). When not contributing to Her Campus, she can be found studying, working on a million projects at once, people-watching, playing with her beloved cats and dog, writing for fun, and eating red velvet cake.
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.