Style

Forever 21 Dependent? Here are Three Alternatives!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

I’m sure everyone has heard the concerns regarding Forever 21 possibly declaring bankruptcy. This poses an issue for a number of consumers who rely heavily on the prevalent brand. As a college shopper who has become increasingly dependent on Forever 21’s low-priced, vast collection of ever updating apparel, I’m here to share with you my favorite cost affordable alternatives. 

My number one being Nasty Gal. Similar to Forever 21, Nasty Gal provides low-cost, quality apparel that caters to a wide range of styles. I’ve found some of my best going out, business, brunch, and date night pieces from this site. Comfy, casual t-shirts to blazers; Nasty Gal provides it all. I especially adore their affordable, stylish footwear of all kinds. This site is a serious resource for anyone looking to spice up their wardrobe with a pair, or several, of bold shoes. Nasty Gal is great for a fun Saturday out and can supply compliment-worthy outfits you’re sure to love. 

Secondly, I recommend Missguided. Missguided is slightly pricer than Nasty Gal and Forever 21, yet more cost friendly than brands like Urban Outfitters and Free People. Missguided is a great resource for any themed party or costume event you plan to attend. They supply a wide variety of funky unique clothing suiting themed events across the board. From experience, I know Forever 21 is widely used by people, college students especially, to find funny, cute or one time use pieces for special occasions. Missguided is a great alternative for this. Missguided is exceptional for people who strive for a unique look or want to have an original, one of a kind costume. Some of my favorite New Years, Halloween, and Christmas party pieces have come from this site. Besides having a vast party, costume selection, Missguided additionally has great day to day clothing for any occasion. I’ve personally ordered from this website multiple times and the pieces I received endured several wears and washes without tears, unlike other affordable clothing sites. 

Olivia Vozzo picture wearing a Missguided dress and a pair of 

Nasty Gal platform sandals.

In addition to Missguided and NastyGal, PrettyLittleThing has recently become one of my top choice alternatives to Forever 21. Their affordable prices and ever growing clothing and accessory collection has me checking their app daily. PrettyLittleThing has an immense collection of clothing basics that you can wear with anything. In need of a simple white bodysuit to pair with a bold jacket? PrettyLittleThing has got you covered. From intimates to layering tops, I got exactly what I desired when using this site. A plain black mini skirt to mix-and-match with other outfits is a primary example of what I shop for when using PrettyLittleThing. In addition to having the necessary basics however, PrettyLittleThing is an impressive resource for bold statement pieces. Their low cost apparel makes them a perfect place to shop for pieces you might not wear often. You don’t need to spend $120 on a jacket to look cute and in-style. PrettyLittleThing is one of my top trendy and affordable resources and is noticeably growing in popularity.

Here, Olivia Vozzo (left) wears a snake print bodysuit from PrettyLittleThing,

paired with sneakers from Nasty Gal. Rachel Segel (right) is creating her look 

using a PrettyLittleThing skirt.

Olivia Vozzo (left) pictured pairing a Missguided t-shirt dress and 

Nasty Gal sneakers. Olivia Wilson (middle) utilizes a PrettyLittleThing 

bodysuit to make her outfit. Rachel Segel (right) wears a PrettyLittleThing drawstring t-shirt dress.  

With the insane popularity and growing dependency on Forever 21, people are concerned with what to do if the store does go under. However, why not have these dependable alternatives anyway? Even if Forever 21 survives these alleged hard times, having these resources would only improve, widen, and freshen up your wardrobe. Nasty Gal, Missguided, and PrettyLittleThing are all fashionable, cost effective, and reliable retail websites. I frequently order from these sites for events ranging from a rave-themed party to church with my family. These trustworthy Forever 21 alternatives fit the needs of a vast crowd and are definitely worth checking out.