burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The Cold Weather Classics your Closet Needs

As the weather gets cold, our closets get crazier. I mean, layer upon layer of faux fur, flannels, and fuzzy accessories. Here are a few items perfect for this winter.

1. A Good Pair of Boots

If you live in places such as Ohio, like me, then you know quite well that snow season will quickly be upon us. In order to keep your new leggings from getting wet or wiping out on ice in front of your crush, a solid pair of boots is necessary.

2. Something Animal Print

Whether it be shoes or a jacket, the cheetah, zebra, and snake prints are back. Add a wild side to your outfit by incorporating these fun prints.

3. A Seriously Warm Jacket

You could go a few routes with this one. A huge puffer parka is always an option and very high fashion right now. However, if you’re looking for something just as warm, but more subtle, check out the Oros jackets, created by Miami University alumni.

4. A Cute Hat

Grab yourself a beanie to keep your brain warm while walking between classes. A warm coffee to go along would be perfect.

5. A LBD

A classic little black dress can go a long way. This timeless piece is perfect for holiday parties and winter celebrations. Pair it with a statement coat and accessories to add your own special touch.

Now you are all set to strut your stuff on the snowy streets!

Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer