This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
On March 12th, Delta Zeta held their annual philanthropy, Puttin’ On The Hits (POTH). POTH is a dance competition between the new members of both sororities and fraternities, which helps support St. Rita’s School of the Deaf in Cincinnati. POTH is always a rewarding opportunity for the Greek Community to come together to help support Delta Zeta’s philanthropy with over 25 chapters represented across the board dancing, cheering, and supporting St. Rita’s.

There was tough competition this year, particularly amongst Alpha Phi, who have come in second place the last two years at POTH. This year they took home the title among the sororities with their “Fast and the Furious” theme.

“Winning POTH was so exciting for us, especially the new members and the sophomores that coached them,” Veronica Roscoe, president of Alpha Phi said. “Getting first place for the dance was validation for all the hard work our girls put into it. We were all so excited and nervous watching Alpha Phi dance but since we performed last, we didn’t have to wait long to hear the good news of our victory.”

Sophomores Julia Murphy, Allie Dudash, Melissa Tarr, and Blaine Elliot dedicated the past four weeks to choreographing, making the music, and helping new members learn the dance!

“POTH really brings the new pledge class together as a group,” Murphy said. “Having an experience like this, where we can do something for such an amazing group of kids at St. Rita’s really humbles us and we were happy to be such a big part of it.” 

Her Campus took to asking some of the Alpha Phi freshman babies what they liked best about being involved in POTH. Check out some of their responses below!

“What was your favorite part of participating in POTH?”

“My favorite part of participating in POTH was seeing the other sororities and fraternities express their creativity through their dances while the Greek community came together to support a cause bigger than ourselves!”– Caitlin Roth

“My favorite part was the practices even if they were on Sundays. Although we were tired, we’d always end up bonding and having so much fun!” — Jess Jelinek

“My favorite part was definitely the practices where I got to know my sisters better and sharing the win with them!” — Lindsay Pappalardo, Alpha Phi Freshman

Miami University Student Alpha Phi Chicago, IL sheak@miamioh.edu