6 Foolproof April Fools’ Day Pranks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The first day of April, better known as April Fools’ Day is a day reserved for jokes and pranks. Of course this day should come with laughs too! Here are some of HC’s favorite pranks to pull to keep you and your friends giggling all day:

1. Who doesn’t love Brown-E’s?
 Get a piece of brown construction paper and cut out a couple ‘E’ shaped pieces to create brown E’s. Place them in a tin baking pan and cover with tin foil. Then, tell your friends that you baked some brownies and place them somewhere they can find them. 

2. Cold Hands, Hot Hands
Wipe a dollop of Bengay or IcyHot on your friend’s door handle. When they open the door, their hand will be left with a tingle. If you live in a house, this prank also works great when the IcyHot is spread thinly on a toilet seat. 

3. One Shoe, Two Shoe, Red Shoe, Blue Shoe
Sneak into your friend’s closet and take one shoe from each pair they have, leaving only one shoe behind. They will have a hard time finding a matching pair in the morning and then make sure you’re there to watch them walk to class!

4. Knock, Knock. Who’s there? Saran wrap.
While your friends are asleep, cover their doorway with saran wrap. Make sure it is very tight so you can’t see any ripples. In the morning when they open their door, they’ll walk right into the barrier and will be sure to feel like they’re stuck in a bubble. 

5. Don’t Cry Over Spilled Nail Polish
Grab your least favorite bottle of fingernail polish and a piece of wax paper. Spill the nail polish on the wax paper and let it dry (this might take a while but can be sped up with a hairdryer or by using quick-dry polish). For an even better believable effect, let the spilled nail polish dry with the brush and bottle stuck in it. Once it is dry, peel it off the wax paper. If it doesn’t peel off easily, cut off the wax paper around it. Place the “spilled nail polish” on your friend’s favorite shirt lying on their bed or on their freshly printed research paper before they need to turn it in to class. 

6. Tug-Of-War Door
This prank works best in a dorm or hall with two friends whose bedroom doors are directly across the hall from each other. Tie a rope to your friend’s doorknob and to the other’s doorknob across the hall. Make sure it is only tight enough to allow only one person to open their door just about a foot. Knock loudly on both doors and watch the two of them fight to get out through a surprising game of tug of war. 

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.