4 Youtube Channels That Will Help You Procrastinate Homework

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

By Sarah Reitz

Studying. It’s nobody’s favorite. So what better way to procrastinate all the homework and quizzes and tests you have to study for then to binge watch different Youtube videos. I am a huge proponent for Youtube. Honestly, it’s one of my favorite ways to entertain myself. Youtube is awesome because the content is so unique and interesting. You can go from watching cat videos to vine compilations in no time. So below, I have compiled a list of my 5 favorite Youtube channels that will waste all the time you don’t have.

1. Safiya Nygaard

What it entails: Beauty and style videos with a twist.

Safiya’s channel was a recent find for me and once I started watching I couldn’t stop. Her videos always are very unique and interesting. Her beauty and style videos are very unique. They are not your basic makeup tutorials and ootds. Safiya’s videos are an interesting collection of insights on new products, routines, and ideas. Plus, she has this whole quirky vibe going on and makes hilarious comments.

Video I recommend: Melting All My Nude Lipsticks Together  

2. Cody Ko

What it entails: Blunt comedy that really relates to most millenials.

Cody’s videos are often parts of the different video series he has. A couple  of his series include: That’s Cringe, where he basically rips apart different cringey people and things (but in a truly funny way) and Weird Instagram Comment, where he reads people’s inappropriate and just weird comments on different famous girls’ instagrams. His humor is very raw and you’ll constantly be laughing as he points out basically all the stupidity in the world.

Video I recommend: QUIT YOUR JOB AND TRAVEL FOREVER!!

3. Liza Koshy

What it entails: Witty humor that will keep you on your toes.

Puns. That is a majority of Liza’s content and it is freaking hilarious. Her videos are super short (3-4 minutes) so they are super easy to binge when you want a little break and you want to laugh. She is super out there and does some really crazy things that are super entertaining to watch. She’s gotten pretty famous recently, and it is well deserved. One of the reasons is because she is so relatable. She takes common everyday struggles and turns them into something funny.

Video I recommend: I WAS CAUGHT IN BED…BATH AND BEYOND WITH LIZA

4. Jenna Marbles

What it entails: Humorous, unique videos with good banter between her and her bf.

Jenna Marbles is my queen. I have been watching her videos since my preteen years. In her videos, she is always doing something random whether it be making tiny things for her hamster or shaving her eyebrows. Not only is her content super interesting, but she interacts with her boyfriend Julien (who is also really funny) making it all that much better. Their dynamic makes everything better.

Video I recommend: How To Care For Your Cermet