3 Ways Apple Cider Vinegar is Amazing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Apple cider vinegar is a weird phenomenon because on one hand apple cider sounds yummy, but then you hear vinegar and want to gag. This strange concoction can be quite useful, surprisingly. I recently have considered it a miracle worker for a few reasons.

1. Weight control

Apparently drinking a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar each day can help speed up metabolism or reduce food cravings. This can be done by taking a shot of it or diluting it into a glass of water. The first time I took a shot of it, I thought my esophagus disappeared because I had trouble downing it. Rest assured, a day later it was completely fine. It is not that bad to take it directly after a few days though, I promise, but the apple water or pill caplets are always a good option if you are unsure about the dramatic acidity.

2. Hair

My hair was feeling a little off lately, possibly from the school’s water. I had some buildup on my roots and I was not sure what to do about it. First, I (obviously) googled and then I called my sister to see what natural solutions she suggested. Ironically, both led me to the solution of ACV. I tried it immediately and saw some results, but I will need to attempt it again soon to maintain the healthy status. The process is as simple as shampooing and then using the apple cider vinegar after. It is smart to mix with water before applying and to only do this about once every two weeks because the vinegar can be intense.

3. Salad dressing

As much as my friends love to douse ranch on anything and everything, apple cider vinegar is an alternative for salad dressing. It might not taste as great as some, but it is a healthy option. There are some premade dressings you can buy, or you can mix it with ingredients at home if you are an aspiring Martha Stewart.

A bottle of ACV can be put to many uses, so I recommend giving this organic liquid a try.

Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer