This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

This weekend me and 8 friends took a trip to Tuscany. This trip was planned through our school and took us to Pisa, Florence and Trequanda. This weekend was one of my favorites and all of the beautiful sights we saw will stick with me forever.We began our trip at 7 am on Friday morning, driving 4 hours to Pisa. Once we arrived, we were greeted by 2 tour guides who gave all 50 students a walking tour around Pisa. The weather was a bit dreary at the beginning, but halfway through the day the sun came out and it was beautiful. We spent all day exploring around Pisa, eating lunch, and taking pictures! We stayed in a hotel both nights in a town right between Pisa and Florence so it was only a short ride to each destination. After exploring around Pisa, we went back to the hotel and ate a 5 course meal at the hotel which was amazing!

Saturday began at 8 am, heading to Florence. Once we arrived, we had another walking tour around the city. Just as Pisa, it was rainy in the morning but mid-day the sun came out and it was beautiful. I am so glad we were able to have a walking tour because we truly got to hear about all of the history behind each building we saw. After the tour, we spent the rest of the day taking advantage of all the shopping Florence has to offer. They are known for the leather and it was everywhere you looked! We went to multiple outdoor markets where I bought a leather purse, wallet, scarf, and boots. Anyone who knows me knows I love shopping so being surrounded by so many stores and markets was amazing to say the least. Just as Pisa, we headed back to the hotel to have another 5 course meal which was very good as well.

Sunday began at 8 am, heading to Trequanda, a small town in the heart of Tuscany. This was our wine tasting destination. I can not put into words how truly beautiful the town and winery were. We got a tour around the winery and got to learn how the wine is made. Next, we got to taste 4 different kinds of red wine. I am not a huge fan of wine, but it was pretty good. We then got to attend a pasta making lesson taught by the most adorable Italian woman! She made it look so easy with 4 simple ingredients: flour, an egg, salt, and water. After that, we sat down to eat our 5 course meal. We ate in an all glass room so you could see the view from everywhere. We had a cheese and cold- cut platter, brushetta, pasta with meat sauce, rotisserie chicken and potatoes, and pie, along with 3 bottles of wine for the table. It was amazing! The rest of the day was spent exploring around the winery, taking pictures, and trying to take in the breath taking views. 

Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)