Style > Fashion

Top Three Trending Halloween Costumes This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

For most college students, the weekend of Halloween is an olympic sport. Costumes are planned months beforehand and the weekend becomes a creativity competition. Now that we’ve reached the month of October and Halloween is approaching, let’s talk about the most popular costume choices during this Halloween season. 

The popularity of the first costume is obvious considering the love this character received in movie theaters this past summer. Tons of girls are choosing to dress up as Barbie this October, specifically Margot Robbie’s pink cowgirl Barbie. This costume includes a pink, sparkly jumpsuit accompanied by a white cowgirl hat and boots. I personally think this costume idea is adorable and seems to be an easy find in Halloween stores considering the movie was recently released. Additionally, girls can convince their best guy friends or boyfriends to dress as the Ken to their Barbie as a way to make this costume even more fun. 

The second trending costume has been a popular choice for multiple years now and never fails to be a cute costume idea. The classic pirate costume is a beloved one and is a costume I constantly see every October. This costume mostly includes a white, flowy dress or top, black boots, a brown headband or bandana, and gold jewelry items. This costume can be a great group or solo outfit for your next Halloween weekend. 

The last costume that is majorly trending this Halloween season is a Girl Scout. This costume is one of my favorite ideas and can be a super cute group costume as well. For this outfit most girls wear a beige skirt with some type of white top as well as a green girl scout sash to tie the outfit together. Some people may also add a headband or hair bow to the costume. I think this costume idea is so fun and I hope to see it on Halloween weekend this year.

Wynne Drucker

Merrimack '26

Wynne is a Sophomore studying Communications and Media with a minor in Public Relations at Merrimack College. She is from Franklin, Massachusetts and hopes to work in sports communications or social media in the future.