This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

During family gatherings, we all like to catch up with our friends and families. Here are some fun do it yourself recipes that will have your relatives in awe!

1. Strawberry Santa: This one has been floating around Pinterest. To make these, you will need strawberries, cool whip, and raisins. Cut the top part of a strawberry off  and fill it with cool whip put the cut part back on. Next, put a tiny bit of cool whip on the top point of the strawberry. You can also make two tiny cool whip circles for buttons. For the eyes, you can use two little raisins.

1. Chocolate Marshmallow Dreidels: This idea comes from one of Martha Stewart’s recipes.  You will need pretzel sticks, marshmallows, melted chocolate, and icing. Dip the marshmallows in melted chocolate and stick the pretzel in the top of the marshmallow.  Place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Next, dip a toothpick in icing and write the symbols that appear on a dreidel.  

1. Football Brownies: These are great for during the holiday season or during your favorite football game! To make these you will need a box of your favorite brownie mix and icing.  Simply bake brownies with your favorite mix. Once the brownies are cool, cut them into the shape of a football and use a toothpick to place the icing with a line down the center of the brownie and to make three more lines across.

1. Pumpkin Cheese ball: This recipe for the harvest season was discovered on Pinterest! To make this check out the recipe: “Ingredients: 2 (10-oz.) blocks extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded 1 (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened 2 (4-oz.) goat cheese logs, softened 1/2 teaspoon pepper.”  With these ingredients, mix together and shape into a pumpkin. Press pretzel into top of cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin stem. If you want to get creative, place muscadine vine and leaf beside pretzel. Serve with crackers and assorted vegetables.

1. Cheesy Christmas Tree: This appetizer is quite simple. All you need is tomatoes, your favorite types of cheese and parsley. As shown in the picture, layer your favorite types of cheese and tomatoes in the shape of a tree. Feel free to get creative!