This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity, senior Chelsea Comfort, has a busy semester due to all the many activities she is involved in. Chelsea is from Franklin, Massachusetts and is pursuing a self-designed major in Sustainable Living, Spirituality, and Humanity. Her major is about methods for environmental sustainability and how making sustainable choices can be powered by having a spiritual connection with the land and the natural world.  It is about the roles of humans in relation to nature and other living beings, and vice versa.

Chelsea is in the Honors Program and has been keeping busy by working on her Senior Honors Capstone project. She is growing a variety of herbs, small vegetable and fruit plants that will be made available to the Merrimack community sometime in the spring. She states, “The Honors community is a warm group of people that I enjoy being a part of.” Chelsea also works with the Center for the Study of Jewish-Christian-Muslim Relations, which provides interfaith events on campus. Chelsea loves the experimental learning opportunities that both the Honors Program and the Center for the Study of Jewish-Christian-Muslim Relations provide. Additionally, she teaches yoga on campus in the fitness center. She became a certified yoga instructor at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. She loves teaching yoga and that is her passion. Lastly, she is a Student Marketing Intern with Sodexho, where she helps plan fun student events that are hosted by Merrimack Dining.

Some of her hobbies include checking sale items from lululemon athletica, practicing yoga, playing with her dog, shopping at Whole Foods, and eating a lot of chocolate. She hasn’t quite decided what her plans after graduation will be, but that she does know she wants to teach yoga at a local studio and maybe apply to be a yoga teacher training assistant.

Chelsea’s advice to the incoming freshmen would be to embrace your individuality. She also adds, “If there is something you want to try, try it. If there is something you want to do, do it.” She thinks that the freshmen should take advantage of everything and not hold back.

The best thing about Merrimack according to Chelsea is the community created by the faculty/staff and students. She loves the opportunities Merrimack provides to students. She states, “Being at Merrimack is like an all-inclusive vacation… except in an educational sense.”

We wish Chelsea luck in whatever she chooses to do after she leaves Merrimack! By being so involved in the Merrimack community she has been able to take advantage of all the opportunities Merrimack has to offer. 

Michelle is a 20 year old from Stoneham, Massachusetts. She graduated in 2010 from Stoneham High School and is now a junior at Merrimack College. She is an English major and hopes to pursue a career in journalism in the near future. She also has a part-time job which she enjoys. When she is not in school or working, she likes to spend time with family and friends. She enjoys shopping, going to the movies, and going to the beach. She loves to write and would like to write for a magazine or newspaper someday.