This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Ashley Costa is a senior with a double major in communications and spanish. She is from Everett, MA and is 100% Portuguese. She is a determined, bubbly, personable person who has lot on her plate, but loves every minute of it. She will be the first person in her family to ever graduate from college, which is A HUGE deal for her. Her parents and brother are all very hardworking people that have been her inspiration. They are her role models and she grew up knowing that she could do anything that her heart was set on doing. As soon as she took a tour around the Merrimack campus, she knew that it was for her and that God wanted this for her as well. She says that it feels like her second home and she will be extremely sad to leave after she graduates, even though she plans on visiting in her spare time.

Ashley is an intern with the radio station Jammin 94.5 as well as Channel 7 News. She also works in the media center in the basement of the library. Her internship experience has taught her that you need to join the real world and be criticized so that you can really learn and grow. You need to stand up for yourself and not hold back and you need to get your name out there. Ashley’s goal in life is to have her own radio station. She knew this ever since she was a little girl and brought around a toy microphone pretending to be a radio host. This is her passion and she really wants to stress that everyone needs to find their passion, because anything is possible. Always follow your dreams and follow your heart.

Ashley loves music and dancing, they are her escape from the world. Her motto is “dance like no one is watching” and she loves just relaxing, having fun and being silly with friends. She loves video editing as well, which she has become quite good at. Be sure to check out some of her work for yourself at http://www.youtube.com/user/ascostadesigns. At Merrimack is involved with Zeta Tau Alpha, student government, MPB, campus ministry, national honors society and many others. She has even achieved the Presidential Scholars Award, but she is very modest. She simply says that even if her biggest accomplishment was graduating, that she would be happy and proud of herself. The most important thing that Ashley stressed was that life is too short, so never take it for granted. Use college to meet friends, make memories, have fun, and appreciate everything that you have while you have it.

I love the idea of a place that a girl or even a guy could go to get advice or just learn something new. I enjoy writing and teaching people things that they did not already know, whether for fun or for to become better educated on a subject. At Merrimack College where I attend, I have joined their Her Campus team and have begun to write articles already. I feel like I definitely have a unique voice and would love to share it with others. I have a broad background, encompassing numerous hours of volunteer work, customer service, religion, as well as a broad range of knowledge in many subjects. I have an avid passion for reading and through this I have learned a lot that I would never have otherwise learned. Some of my main goals in life are staying positive, helping others, and making a difference in the world around me.