Thomaesa Brundage

Thomaesa Brundage truly personifies the Mercer student experience. She enriches the Mercer community by being actively involved with the campus library, athletic department, serving as a mentor to local schools and a former Mercer cheerleader. Throughout her tenure at Mercer, Thomaesa has earned her place on the Dean’s and President’s list.

She is President of Habitat for Humanity, historian for Phi Eta Sigma, and was recently inducted into Psi Chi-a psychology honors society.

A psychology major along with an African-American Studies and Sociology minor, Thomaesa ranks among the top ten percent of juniors at Mercer. She is currently completing independent research on a cognitive phenomenon known as the picture superiority affect. After graduation, she plans to seek a Masters in Social Work, crediting that her background in psychology will aid effectively helping others.

In the summer, Thomaesa will travel to Tanzania with Mercer on Mission to raise money and awareness about HIV/AIDS.

In her spare time, Thomaesa loves listening to anything by Outkast, crediting them as the best group in the history of hip hop.

Ashley is a senior at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. She is a journalism major with a minor in art. Playing an active role on campus, she is a staff writer for The Cluster, Secretary for the Society for Collegiate Journalists, Build Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity and On-site reporter for Mercer99 News. In her spare time she enjoys cooking, volunteering, watching ESPN and any installment of The Real Housewives. After graduation Ashley plans to attend graduate school seeking a dual degree in journalism and law.