Suzanne Stroup ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

If you caught the Mercer Theater’s recent encore run of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change, then you have glimpsed this week’s Campus Celebrity, Suzanne Stroup. This Mercer player keeps busy majoring in both theater arts and journalism, but she took a little time to chat with HerCampus.

Her Campus: Describe yourself using one word.

Suzanne: Fun-Loving…Anyone that knows me knows that I ask if you want to play instead of hang out. I’m in the theater; I like to play.

HC: What made you decide to choose the double major combo of journalism and theater?

Suzanne: My favorite movie is Almost Famous, and I decided that I wanted to write for Rolling Stone. Theater clicked in high school. It made sense because I loved it so much.

HC: What has been your favorite role with the Mercer Theater?

Suzanne: I loved being ugly stepsister number 1 more for the stage combat. I mean when do you get to beat a girl a girl with a towel, especially one you like?

HC: Tell us about the internship that you had last semester?

Suzanne:  I worked at Disney World from June to January in entertainment costuming. I worked at Epcot, Yacht and Beach, Beauty and the Beast, Candlelight and the Hoopty Do Review. For the most part I loved it. I am a complete Disney fanatic. I loved the people that I worked with and getting into the parks whenever I wanted.

HC: What do you like to do in you spare time?

Suzanne: I like to go out to eat, hang with friends and relax with a cup of coffee.

After graduation this thespian has some major plans. “I want to be on Broadway, but who doesn’t? I want to audition for the Disney Stage Shows,” said Stroup.

Hometown: Moultrie, GA College: Mercer University I come from a small town in the real South. I have always loved writing, and now, I am studying Journalism at Mercer. Look out for me. I have big dreams, and I am not backing down. I am a mystery just waiting to be solved.