Humble and Sweet: Hetu Shah

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Name: Hetu Shah

Major: Biochemistry / BMB

Relationship Status: Single

Celebrity Crush(es):

American: Ian Somerhalder, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman

Indian: Hrithik Roshan, Ranbir Kapoor, Priyancka Chopra…the list can go on forever!

Ideal Date:

I don’t know. I really haven’t thought about this. I guess it depends on who I am with. Anywhere and anything would be fine as long as I am with the person that I like.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

That’s really hard to decide. I love traveling to different places, meeting new people, and trying new things whether it’s for a mission trip or just for fun. If I had to pick one from my list, then Spain would definitely be on it.

Do you think knowing self-defense in today’s society is crucial?

Knowing how to defend oneself is as important as being independent in today’s society. If you don’t know how to defend yourself, you continually have to be watched over which, in a sense, is tied to losing your freedom. In addition, because crime is on the rise, knowing how to protect yourself is a valuable trait to have. Not only that, but you never know what could happen at an given time; thus knowing self-defense is an important thing to learn especially in today’s society.

What’s one thing no one knows about you?

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a single thing that at least one person doesn’t know about me. When it comes to my family or my friends, they pretty much know everything.

What’s the most attractive thing about a guy?

Physical: eyes and smile. However, the most attractive feature is his personality – he should be comfortable with who he is, but not overly-comfortable to the point where he becomes self-centered.

Woot! I'm an indian chick who is kind of different. I am friendly and social