Become a Fan of : Ellie Pham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Name: My name is Elizabeth Pham, but I go by Ellie. Did you know that if you say “Ellie Pham” really fast it sort of sounds like “Elephant” xD.

Major: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology        

Relationship Status: Taken~ <3 We are two years so far in the making!

Favorite Culture: I confess I love KDrama! If anything I love Koreans especially for their theatrical talents! The amount of dept and understanding that they have of human emotions is so overwhelming. By the end of a show or a movie, I’m so sure that I will be bawling my eyes out. LOL I cry pretty easy.

Celebrity Crush: Tom Felton and possibly my own girl crush on Emma Watson!

If you were any character from a movie, who would you be?  Okay so I feel I can connect to Ellie from Up.  I know she gets that short little cut scene from the beginning, but it was just enough to make us fall in love with her! She’s such a fun loving adventurer, and she’s always on the go go go! She’s the spark and the go getter of her relationship which I feel like I do in my own relationship. Hopefully unlike “that” Ellie, I hope “this” Ellie will be able to accomplish all that I set out to do!

The Chinese New Year is coming up, what are your thoughts? Chinese New Year is sort of a big thing for Vietnamese family. It usually lasts for three days, and during those days, many people take a day off from work and travel around to visit family and party. This year, I’m planning on visiting my boyfriend’s family in Atlanta with some friends because my family is a lot farther away. This will be the first time they celebrate Chinese New Year, so lots of excitement coming up! They are such a sweet close-knit group family. There will be lots of good food and good company. What more could a girl ask for.

Three things you look for in a guy:  Much of the things that I look for, I already find in my own significant other. The top three traits that I look for is passion, dependability, and sense of humor. This may sound stereotypical, but don’t laugh. =P I want my man to have a sense of passion for what he does and what he feels for me. Passion encourages men to do the right things to keep improving themselves be it in their academic, school, or love life. Dependability is my second important. I am a flighty person, so his dependability will help balance me out. I sort of do my things I lot,  but I also know that I need someone to keep me grounded and back me if when things don’t go my way. Lastly, a good sense of humor to put a smile on everyone’s face! I joke a lot, so someone who understands and can toss a few jokes back and forth would be lovely.

Ideal Date: This is honestly one of the hardest questions for me to answer maybe because I have no idea how to approach this. I like going on road trips and driving to the big cities. There is so much to explore and shop! I especially love to shop! xP Even thought I don’t have the money to spend, I still like to browse around. Afterwards, I’d like to enjoy a nice dinner together with a date. It doesn’t have to be a five star restaurant, but a place with good atmosphere is much appreciated. Something classy or all the way to 90’s theme, I’m up to trying a bunch of different things. =D After dinner, a small cup of coffee or even a cup of a froyo as we walk around outside in a brightly lit night. Finish it all off with the quintessential goodnight kiss!!

Woot! I'm an indian chick who is kind of different. I am friendly and social