7 Gifts For the Tech Lover in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

As Christmas approaches, so begins the gift-buying season.  With lives full of relatives, friends that feel like relatives, and roommates, your Christmas list can grow almost as long as Santa’s list! So I have compiled a list of tech gifts (all from Amazon!) that will have your loved ones standing in line like they were waiting for a Black Friday sale to begin. 

1)   These Skullcandy earbuds will cost you less than $15 and will offer your loved one great sound.  Also, they have an in-line microphone so your loved one will have no excuse not to answer your call when their phone isn’t in their hand.

2)   This portable charger is available for just over $20 and comes with two USB ports and even a flashlight.  It can charge an iPhone multiple times and it is compact so it will be super easy to carry with you so your phone never dies on the go.  Aside from that, this little powerhouse can even charge an iPad!

3)   This bluetooth speaker can belong to you or can be a nice stocking stuffer for that rockstar roommate of yours.  At just 2.5” tall and in diameter, this little baby packs a BIG sound.  Best of all, it has Next and Back buttons, as well as Play/Pause so you can control the music without taking your phone out.  It even comes with an audio in so you can hook it up to your non-Bluetooth enabled system and play your music remotely!  It can be in your virtual shopping cart for a little more than $20. 

4)   Do you have that one friend that never quite grew out of Legos? Do I have the gift for them! Check out this 16GB Lego Flash Drive.  At just over $10, this unobtrusive object can dangle delightfully on any keychain! The best part is that it follows the “Law of Lego” which states that every Lego ever made be compatible with every other Lego.  That’s right, you can build with it! Then store pictures of what you build on it! *Don’t think that law is a real thing*

5)   If you have anyone in your life that is a hardcore gamer, or is just beginning his or her journey into MMORPGs, you should check out this wireless gaming mouse.  It’s under $20 and has all the buttons your special someone needs to destroy creepers! It has cool blue LEDs that keep the mouse lit and look really cool. *Disclaimer: I don’t actually game and I’m pretty sure you just wait for the daylight and don’t actually fight the creepers. *

6)   Everyone has that one friend that is SUPER patriotic, right? Well here is a MacBook case that gets them excited.  What’s more, is you’ll get excited when you see you can get it for them for less than $15! Of course, if you don’t have that friend, but you have one in desperate need of a case, there are SO MANY colors to choose from! Some are even less than $6!

7)   Also, there are many cheap keyboard covers available for Macs too! That way you can give whomever a matching set of accessories for their computer.  If they are like many of our generation, then their life is on it and so protection is worthwhile.  Here is my preferred brand of keyboard cover.  It’s the same orange as my case :D Like the cases, there are many colors to choose from and the price is to die for!

Whatever you decide to get that tech lover in your life, one of the most important rules to follow is to make sure it is both practical and fashionable.  Happy shopping!