Chris Weiner: Keeping it Groovy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Memphis chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie: Christopher Michael Weiner, a sophomore education major. He enjoys eating brownies while watching rom-coms, and you can find him in Ball Hall learning how to enrich the lives of our youth. In his free time, he loves watching Netflix, eating everything and supporting our Memphis Tigers. 

Hometown: Jackson, Tennessee

Favorite movie: The Prestige

Favorite song: “Style” by Taylor Swift. No joke.

Netflix show of choice: Twin Peaks

Her Campus: What are your future goals and aspirations?

Campus Cutie: “Truthfully I am really passionate about acting, but realistically job security isn’t that prevalent for an actor. But I am also very passionate about children, so I am devoting my studies to becoming a school teacher.” 

HC: What are you involved in at University of Memphis?

CC: “My friend Kristen told me my freshman year to go to a thing called Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship. I’ve since met a lot of great people who are now my best friends. Chi Alpha has helped me to get involved volunteering around the city. It’s really great to see how a group of college students can make Memphis a better city. My freshman year, I was a team captain for Up ‘Til Dawn, and I loved the experience. This year I decided to become a Morale Captain, which involves recruiting teams, planning events and working closely with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.”

HC: Do you do any volunteer work?

CC: “My friends and I regularly go to Orange Mound Outreach Ministry to tutor and mentor the kids of the community. They have so much energy, and I have loved working with them since the first day I was there.”

HC: What’s the coolest place you have ever visited? 

CC: “I spent a week of this past summer in the Dominican Republic volunteering for a children’s summer camp. It was a life-changing experience.”

HC: What is something people would be surprised to know about you? 

CC: “I have Type 1 Diabetes.”

HC: Do you have a favorite pick-up line? 

CC: “’My blood sugar is a little low… Can you come give me some sugar?’”

HC: What is your idea of a perfect date? 

CC: “I’d like to take her out to a nice meal and get to know her for who she really is.” 

HC: Describe your dream girl.

CC: “My dream girl is someone who has a great sense of humor. I love to crack jokes, but most of them aren’t funny. But what’s most important for me is for her to be easygoing and open-minded. And of course, she only has to be beautiful on the inside.”

HC: What do you bring to a relationship?

CC: “I bring a good sense of humor, a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear and a down-to-earth perspective.”  

Ladies, Mr. Weiner seems to be University of Memphis’ most eligible bachelor right now! He has a great personality and a radiant smile! Time flies by when you’re with him, and he’s quite groovy. Make sure to give him a huge high five if you see him on campus!