Campus Cutie: Damiano Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Memphis chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Damiano Massimo Jones, a freshman Pre-Nursing major from Naples, Italy. If you’re looking for him on campus, he can be found in the Tiger Den, where dreams come true. His favorite day is Fish Friday and the “Granddaddy’s pudding.” His favorite color is blue and his favorite season is Summer. 

HC: What do you love to do in your free time?

CC: “I play soccer and go to the gym.” *gestures at arm muscles*

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

CC: “I am involved in Chi Alpha. It’s fun and we learn about God. And there are cool people.”

HC: What is your favorite movie?

CC:Fantastic Mr. Fox, such a good movie.”

HC: What is your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

CC:Spartacus, it gets your blood pumped up and ready for the gym.”

HC: What are your career goals?

CC: “to be a traveling nurse! I want to not be in one place and see everything and go to New York, California and Idaho. Idaho gets no love.”

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

CC: “My mom because she’s going to get her Masters and it’s inspiring because she’s going through the same stuff I am. And we complain about school together.”

HC: Are you in a relationship?

CC: “No.”

HC: What are your relationship goals?

CC: “To meet a good person/girl who I can talk to and who is adventurous because I like just going to places.”

HC: What are you looking for in a dream girl?

CC: “Someone who understands me and believes in what I believe in, for the most part. Not everything because that would be annoying. Opposites attract, ya know.” 

HC: What do you bring to a relationship?

CC: “I’m tall, light-skinned and handsome. I work out. I’m pretty buff. I listen! That’s pretty hard to find in a guy. I’m funny!”

HC: What is the best part about being single?

CC: “I’m cold all the time because I don’t feel the touch of a woman. I get to do whatever I want. There’s no one calling me and worrying about me. I get to vent my feelings out to nobody. I don’t have to fight over what to watch on Netflix; I don’t get to see anything new.”

HC: What is your dream first date?

CC: “I’m eating at the tiger den and this lady is like “that fish looks really good” and I’m like “this fish is really good.” And then she’s like “see that old guy over there making pudding, that’s my granddaddy.” And I’ll say “Sweet. Let’s have dinner with your Granddaddy and we’ll talk about our future, and my marrying into a good dessert family, and we’ll eat pudding. Oh and probably a violin somewhere.”

HC: Where would you travel to meet the most interesting ladies?

CC: “Japan because they’re interesting. I’ve never been to asia, so I want to go there. There’s lots of dancing and karaoke. I love food and they have noodles. 

HC: Have you ever used a pick-up line before?

CC: “Yeah. I google them before I ask them. Hey girl, if I could change the alphabet, I would put U and I together.”

HC: What advice do you have for relationship-seeking incoming freshman?

CC: “You know what man, focus on your education because you’re going to get distracted by the ladies. You want to focus so you don’t drop out. I know a guy who is dropping out because he got in a relationship. Don’t mess around too much. I’m just keeping it real.”

CC: “You don’t have to have to be as awesome as me to get all the ladies. You just be yourself, the ladies will come to you. You have to be yourself, you can’t be phony. You have to sell yourself. Don’t sell the guy you think is going to get the ladies, sell yourself. Be you. Period.”

HC: You heard it here first folks, Damiano is a stand-up guy with a great sense of humor. We had our interview over a delicious assortment of Gibson’s donuts and he kept my writing assistant, Chris, and myself in stiches. If you see Damiano on campus, make sure you point out how large his muscles are and give him a hug.