Style

Which Fall Fragrance to Wear Based on Your Astrological Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

Do you need an article to mindlessly read while procrastinating for your first round of midterms? Well, my stressy sista, you are in the right place! Let your troubles melt away while you determine something very serious: which fall fragrance you could be wearing this season (and adding astrology into the mix for some spicy decision-making). Whether you’re last-minute cramming for a test, hanging with your friends, or going on a hot date, it never hurts to smell nice doing it! 

Don’t know what your astrological sign is? Find out here! 

Aries

Qualities: bold, positive, gets angry then forgets why they were angry, fast drivers, tenacious

Your Fall Fragrance: Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ By the Fireplace

Aries can be fierce and fiery, but they can also be extremely sweet and cozy, just like this iconic REPLICA perfume. Clove oil, chestnut, and vanilla accord create a bold yet comforting vibe. 

Taurus

Qualities: resilient, pleasure-seeking, all or nothing, wears the same outfit everyday

Your Fall Fragrance: Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum

This iconic YSL scent screams Taurus with its strong and seductive aroma of adrenaline-rich coffee and sweet vanilla. 

Gemini

Qualities: playful, quick-witted, could talk to a brick wall, expressive, social butterfly 

Your Fall Fragrance: L’Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons

Translated to English this scent’s name means “the butterfly hunt.” Geminis are bright and luminous, just like the notes of orange blossom, jasmine, and white flowers in this fragrance.

Cancer

Qualities: sentimental, highly sensitive to their environment, loyal, loves comfort food

Your Fall Fragrance: Maison Margiela REPLICA Autumn Vibes

The best way to create Autumn Vibes is to wear them. Cancers just want to cozy up on the couch with a homemade meal on a fall day. The Parisian brand was inspired by “the sound of golden leaves crisping beneath heavy footsteps” when creating this scent.

Leo

Qualities: vivacious, determined, wants to stand out, boujie, self-assured

Your Fall Fragrance: Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous Eau De Parfum

Leos love luxury, and will definitely turn heads with this perfume. At $615 CAD a bottle, it’s bound to deliver with its spicy scent and notes of luscious leather, tonka, and gourmand almond. Go off, Leos.

Virgo

Qualities: hardworking, perfectionist, sophisticated, exceptional spatial awareness, gentle

Your Fall Fragrance: Aēsop Rōzu Eau de Parfum

Aēsop is known for its sleek and subtly scented soaps. This scent is perfectly suited for practical virgo’s looking to smell ~sophisticated~. This is a “fragrance of tender intensity,” which honestly describes virgo’s to a tee.

Libra

Qualities: sociable, exquisite taste, obsessed with balance and harmony

Your Fall Fragrance: The 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods Eau de Parfum

Libras love a virtue (let alone 7), and would appreciate the balance of fresh pear, rose heart, and Madagascar vanilla notes in this fragrance.

Scorpio

Qualities: passionate, knows what they want, ambitious, okay with uncomfortable silence

Your Fall Fragrance: SKYLAR Fall Cashmere Eau De Parfum

The aroma of cinnamon bark, roasted almond and spiced ginger in this perfume perfectly compliments passionate and spicy Scorpios. 

Sagittarius

Qualities: adventurous, great sense of humor, effortless magnetic, outdoorsy

Your Fall Fragrance: Juniper Ridge Redwood Mist Cologne

This unisex scent is perfect for the outdoorsy, effortless I-woke-up-smelling-like-this Sagittarius. With notes of fog-drenched forest, fresh rain, and crisp coastal air, this fragrance will make you feel like you’re backpacking in the lovely city of Surrey, BC.

Capricorn

Qualities: brave, can-do attitude, focused, great leaders, sage 

Your Fall Fragrance: Jo Malone London Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne

If you’re going to lead the world into a brighter future, my dear Capricorns, you’re going to need to ‘smell’ the part. This fresh, lively Jo Malone scent is packed with aroma of ambrette seeds, sea salt, and sage.

Aquarius

Qualities: free-spirited, obstinate, humanitarian, deep, esoteric

Your Fall Fragrance: Gucci A Midnight Stroll Eau De Parfum

A midnight stroll in the quiet stillness of the dark seems like a perfect time for an Aquarius to self-reflect. This scent is an aromatic profile of Incense with notes of smoky cade wood and fresh cypress.

Pisces

Qualities: gentle, empathetic, wears “rose-coloured glasses,” creative

Your Fall Fragrance: Fenty Eau De Parfum

This fragrance was created by the too-spicy-to-be-a-Pisces Rihanna. Often prone to fantasizing, Rihanna’s inspiration for this scent was to remind herself of what is real. Notes of musk, tangerine, and blueberries mixed with Bulgarian rose and patchouli will keep you grounded.

I hope that after reading your “fall fragrance horoscope” you feel deeply seen (and perhaps a little exposed). As we all know, most of us are pretty broke (student debt…), and perfume is no mere drop in the bucket when it comes to price. So don’t actually go out and buy these fragrances (unless of course you’re boujie af, in which case go off, girl). No matter what we smell like this season, I’m sure it’s gonna be a spook-tacular time. Happy fall! 

Julianna is a final year Mechanical Engineering Student at McMaster. She is a struggling student by day and a singer/writer/foodie by night. If she had it her way she would be laying on a beach on Lake Huron, soaking up some rays and reading a good book. In her spare time, you may find Julianna daydreaming about bread, obsessing over the new F1 season, or absolutely destroying her glutes at the gym.