Measuring
Measuring
Ellen Gibbs / Spoon

My Top 3 TikTok Dessert Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

It’s no secret that TikTok has revolutionized how we deliver information through social media content. My favourite example of this is how recipes are shared. Before TikTok, I found website recipes to be a little difficult to understand and replicate. The ingredient quantities were always separate from the steps, so I had to scroll back and forth to make the recipe. Then there were YouTube recipes which were a little easier to follow, but there are so many different ways to make one recipe that I was often confused which way was best, and my end result never looked like the video. Now, TikTok recipes are shared in a short, concise video, complete with the quantity of ingredients at each step. I find this format to be the easiest to follow and replicable. There are many different categories of recipes on TikTok including self-care (sugar wax, hair oil, and body butter), as well as fun recipes which mainly consist of slime and play dough. However, I want to focus on the food category. More specifically, I’m going to share with you 3 of my favourite dessert recipes. 

1. Single Serve Double Chocolate Cookie – Broma Bakery 

@bromabakery

SINGLE SERVE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE. get ready to make these babies at least once a week 🤤 you can also get the full recipe and instructions in my bi-oh! #chocolatecookie #doublechocolatecookies #singleservecookie #singleservedessert

♬ original sound – Broma Bakery

If you have ever been overwhelmed with the thought of baking a large batch of cookies, then this single serve cookie recipe is for you. I have attempted this recipe, and the flavor of the cookies is remarkable for the amount of time it takes to prepare them. Sarah (Broma Bakery) is a full-time baking blogger so it’s no surprise that she runs through each step plainly and clearly. There is no guessing with this straightforward recipe. I will say, though, when a recipe states to bake in an oven, a toaster oven will not suffice. I learned that the hard way. Still, the cookies had a rich chocolate flavor, and I will definitely use this recipe again. 

2. Cinnamon Rolls – Mariam 

@mxriyum

Cinnamon Rolls 🤎🎞 can’t wait for y’all to try this recipe !

♬ original sound – Mariam

These cinnamon buns will leave you wondering why you ever spent money on store bought ones. I have been following this creator’s account for quite some time and I am always pleasantly surprised with Mariam’s creativity and expertise when it comes to cooking and baking. In this TikTok, as well as others, Mariam narrates the steps and has the ingredient quantities in text on the screen. This keeps her video short and digestible. Nothing compares to fresh cinnamon rolls and this recipe will help convince you of that! 

3. Lemon Blueberry Scones – Matt Taylor 

Saving the best for last, lemon blueberry scones. I have followed this exact recipe several times this year and they have turned out perfect each time. Lemon-blueberry is the perfect combination of fresh, sweet, and tangy. I love how the ingredient quantities are written on the screen as well as narrated in the steps. Matt Taylor, along with the other two creators, also runs an account with easy-to-followli recipes. In this one, he cut his scones in triangle slices, but I prefer to roll them into rough spheres. I found that one batch makes roughly 14 scones and there is more than enough glaze for all of them. This recipe is also toaster-over-friendly so that is a big plus. I am confident that anyone can follow this recipe successfully.  

There are tons of amazing dessert recipes on TikTok, these are just my favourite. I urge you to try some of them out even if you don’t bake! You may be surprised by how easy these recipes are to follow. Plus with baking, the task is also the reward! 

Haya Baig

McMaster '26

Haya Baig is a new writer at the Her Campus McMaster chapter. She writes opinion pieces and discusses entertainment news, and lifestyle. Aside from Her Campus, Haya is a full time Honours Biology student. She was awarded for her achievements in science in 2022 which inspired her to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree. When she isn’t studying, she reads and paints in her spare time. Haya also enjoys singing and has performed at events on Campus.