Style

Everything I Love About Emma Chamberlain’s New House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

Emma Chamberlain is a YouTuber and a new house owner at just 21 years old. She’s known for her tendency to set new trends, have her own style, and make odd things cool. She recently did a piece with Architectural Digest where we got a look at her beautiful new home and I’m going to talk about all the great things about it. 

Emma’s house is a dream. It’s filled with colours and large windows giving lots of natural light, making you feel happy and almost as if you’re outdoors while still being inside. You simply can’t be depressed in this house—it’s impossible with how cozy and warm it feels. 

One of the best things about her house is that her reading nook is surrounded by large windows that stretch into a skylight above. This is the ultimate spot to just sit and meditate while staying warm inside, but feeling like you’re getting your dose of fresh air.

Next up is her kitchen, which also has a skylight overseeing it, and lots of green cabinets. Emma gave it her own personal touch by adding in green marble, which sounds strange, but the tint of the green is subtle, so it’s not overpowering and actually really beautiful. 

The first thing I loved about Emma’s main washroom were the coral countertops. This is just so cute and fun and just makes me feel really happy. She has a porch attached to the washroom, which just lets the whole place feel very open and free. The colours she chose for the bathroom are soft and warm. She says in her video, “You just want to eat it, that’s how you know it’s a good colour.” I agree.

Next up are the pieces that give her house a sense of childlikeness to it and remind us that just because you’re an adult, it doesn’t mean your home can’t be fun and filled with joy. 

I noticed this little blue side dish that she had on one of her tables and I really love it. The colour and shape are eccentric and I never would have thought to buy something like this, but it just works so well in her home.

Her chandelier is also so fun and unique with its chains. It’s not something you see every day and it makes her dining area much more interesting. 

I really enjoy the artwork she has hanging in her living room. The jars of peanut butter remind her of how she would always eat obscene amounts of peanut butter as a kid and so when she saw the painting, she had to have it. The paintings of the dogs are silly and fun and they show that art doesn’t have to be serious.

Last, I love the bar, simply because of the counter. The counter is made from copper, which tends to get stained very quickly, and at first, she said this freaked her out, but then she realized that she loves it because “It kind of has the memory of parties past.”  I think that’s a really nice way of looking at it.

Check out Emma’s Architectural Digest video here!

Nicole Kolder

McMaster '24

Hey guys my names Nicole Kolder and I am a writer for HerCampus :) I’m going into my third year for social psych and so happy to share my articles with you!