This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Sebastián Conrad

Activities: Singer/Songwriter, RASM, Treasurer of Photography Squad/ Education Club, Member of Harlequin/Anime Club, Pokemon Trainer, and Radio Host

Relationship Status: Single

Major: English/Communication in Public Relations & Minor in Arts Management

Sebastián Conrad may be a junior but his talents with the arts are beyond his years. You can see him around open mics or in Church Street enthralling the ghosts in the walls or the admirers in the seats. His soft grunge punk style is obscure and alluring to go with his unique personality making him perfect for our spooky cuties of this month.

What are some of your favorite bands/artists?

“To name a few: French Films, Beach Fossils, Perfume Genius, Beach House, The Dresden Dolls (and anything Amanda Palmer related), Wild Nothing, St Vincent, Bat for Lashes, anything Lou Reed, FKA twigs, Kate Bush, Deerhunter, Tom Rosenthal, Iceage, Nick Cave, and the list goes on.”

What do you like to do in your spare time?

“Honestly, sleep and spend countless hours on the internet (mainly YouTube).”

What is your favorite genre of music and why?

“I like dreampop and shoegaze, I like the sound and textures, and it’s just calming. I also like punk and post-punk, because of its energy.”

What is your favorite book series?

“‘Harry Potter’ has a special place in my heart. And right now I’m really into the ‘Something Like’ series by Jay Bell. “

What do you do for fun?

“I like going on adventures, walking around aimlessly, watching movies, going to concerts, writing, playing piano, and any non-school related activities.”

What are some of your favorite horror movies?

“Hm, growing up I loved the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, and slasher flicks like Scream. The Evil Dead is also a favorite, along with Rec, Ginger Snaps, and horror comedies like American Werewolf in London. Also does anyone wanna watch Antichrist with me?”

What would you say is your favorite time period?

“The Roaring Twenties sound fun. And I would definitely want to be a teenager in the 80s.”

Will you be participating in Goth day this year?

“Yes, you will find me sulking in a cemetery in all black, writing somber poetry. And awkwardly dancing to Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Siouxsie, and The Birthday Party.”

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you and why?

“Too many to decide. I think anywhere in Western Europe and South America would be good. I’d like to immerse myself in all the different languages and cultures, and just eat all the foods.”

Favorite flower?

“Amapolas, definitely. I miss the tropics.”

What are some of your nicknames?

“People call me Seb, Seba, Seby, Conrad, Sapphy, Seby-sebsebs, and I think someone called me Sebalicious once. Either one of those are fine, as long you don’t call me SeaBass or Bazzy…”

Self-taught in photography, Domonique is currently a senior at MCLA majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing and literature. She is vice president of Photography Club and Education Club, along with being a photographer for Yearbook and general member of Harlequin, Craft Club, and such. In her spare time she enjoys spooky things and geeky things, dabbling in and out of the world of horror and anime. She hopes to overcome her problem with procrastination and one day be noticed by Senpai. But we will see.....next week on Dragon Ball Z!