Something Wonderful This Way Comes: Mallory Schettine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Mallory Schettine is a junior double major in FPA: Theater and Elementary Education.  Mallory is a superstar on and off stage.  This year she’s been elected President of MCLA’s Theater Club, Yorick.  Here are her thoughts on this exciting position! 

What is your position in Yorick?

President!

What year are you?

Junior.

Where are you from?

Schenectady, NY.

What do you love about Yorick?

I love that while Shakespeare sounds intimidating, Yorick is basically a bunch of hilarious and talented college students coming together and making something enjoyable for everyone. Whether you understand the show or think it’s another language Yorick will always get you to a point of understanding and entertainment.

What is one goal you’d like to accomplish for the club this year?

Along with all the other E-Board members I am very interested in expanding the club, but I am also looking for new ideas to improve Yorick while still keeping with the traditions we all know and love.

What’s a fun acting fact about you?

The first show I ever acted in was a disco themed “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, so Shakespeare has always held a special place in my heart!

What have your positions in Yorick been?

I have been involved with Yorick since my first semester! I was:

Costume Designer – A Night of Scenes: Combat!, Lychorida/Diana – Pericles: Prince of Tyre, Assistant Stage Manager – The Winter’s Tale, Assistant Director/Costume Designer – Macbeth, Stage Manager/ Assistant Director – Antony and Cleopatra, and I was the Yorick Secretary from 2014-2015.  

As an English and Arts Management major at MCLA, Maggie is a prominent figure both on campus and in her community. Throughout her time at MCLA she has been involved with numerous clubs, most noticeably the Shakespeare club Yorick, where she is Vice President and also director of their fall show, Antony and Cleopatra. Off campus Maggie has worked at The Mount as part of the Berkshire Hills Internship Program, and is also the intern for the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition's Teen Writing Workshop. Maggie is also one of the Campus Correspondents for MCLA's chapter of Her Campus!