Top 5 Youtube Channels All Collegiettes Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Whether you’ve seen the whole series multiple times or have never heard of LBD, this show needs to be a staple in your Youtube-viewing queue. It’s a modern-day, multi-platform take on what is probably the most classic novel of all time, Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. It’s gotten scores of awards and other recognition, and for good reason: The writing is great, the cast is fantastic, and the entire production is of extremely high quality. Even though all Austen fans know the ending, that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy every second of this lovely Youtube series.

Extra: If you like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, you should also watch Emma Approved, a show made in a similar style by the same producers, based off another Austen classic, Emma. This one hasn’t been quite as popular, but is still worth checking out if you find yourself craving some modern Austen.

Laci Green

This channel is all about being sex positive, or Sex+ as creator Laci Green stylizes it. Laci is a certified crisis counselor who offers interesting and well-researched information about having a healthy sexuality, relationships, body image, and more. Her channel is nothing like your typical health-ed class, however. Laci is funny, smart, and 100% relatable. She’s the best friend every girl needs, whether you’re looking for advice on a particular issue, or just want to be better informed about all topics related to health and sexuality. This is a must-watch channel for all collegiettes.

Extra: If you like Laci Green, check out another YouTube channel she’s on, called DNews. This one is more ‘official’ and science-based. She doesn’t share opinions and her personality doesn’t come through the way it does on her personal channel, but it does cover interesting topics nonetheless.  

Jenna Marbles

The bad-ass girl-next-door Jenna Marbles provides plenty of entertainment and commentary for our generation. Jenna is just as famous for her obsession with her dogs as she is for her hilarious videos, which often consist of her pointing out some simple, silly thing that everyone does and trying to make sense of it. She gives advice, makes lists, and pokes fun at everyone, including herself. Jenna’s sharp tongue and zesty personality have made her one of the highest-paid Youtube stars, with over 1.4 billion views.

Ellen

This isn’t exactly a Youtube channel about a one-woman vlogger, but for the busy collegiette, it’s the perfect place to get your Ellen fix when you don’t have time for a full episode. Her monologues are always cute and funny, and you’re sure to find an interesting interview with one of your favorite celebrities. Ellen is a role model in so many ways, and we love her for that. 

GloZell

If you’re in the mood for a wacky, spunky Youtube personality, look no further than big-haired, loud-mouthed GloZell. This popular comedienne has dozens of fun and entertaining videos on her Youtube channel and has also made appearances at live comedy venues.

Images Retrieved From: http://austenprose.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/lizzie-bennet-diaries-liz…, http://www.womanspace.org.vt.edu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Sc…, and http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/i/streams/2013/December/131220/2D10287473-yo…