This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Happy November, McGill Collegiettes! Hopefully papers and midterms are winding down for all of you, and even if they aren’t, that you’ve found some time to yourself to procrastinate and relax. One of my favourite things to do when I’m taking a break from studying is to watch beauty videos on YouTube or to read nail/makeup blogs. I thought that I’d share some of my favourite video channels and blogs with you ladies, in case any of you are looking to spice up your own nail and makeup routines!

Makeup By TiffanyD: I have been reading TiffanyD’s blog and watching her videos on YouTube for just over a year now, and I seriously recommend that you all go and look her up! She has over 300 videos on YouTube and thousands of subscribers. While she often uses more expensive makeup — from Sephora and M.A.C — she also uses makeup in some videos that can be found at any drugstore. She posts videos about every three to four days, which often include makeup tutorials, and favourite products videos, but she also covers how to store all your jewelry! 

Glow of Grace: I discovered Glow of Grace a couple of weeks ago when I was searching for different ways to use the new Urban Decay shadow palette that I’d just purchased.  While this YouTube channel has far fewer viewers than TiffanyD, Rachel offers very useful makeup and nail tips! A huge benefit of her smaller channel is that she has the time to respond to all comments or questions on her videos. Just recently I commented asking her how to do a winged eye-liner with a gel liner, and in her most recent video she answered this query by showing how to accomplish her current everyday fall makeup look. She only has about forty videos up so far, but I can’t wait for more makeup how-to’s from this girl! 

cutepolish: cutepolish is a video channel on YouTube that offers tons of nail art tutorials. I first discovered these videos last year when I was looking for a simple way to do newspaper print nails and have been addicted to this channel ever since. The step-by-step instructions are super easy to follow, and the instructor often gives substitutions for the nail tools that she uses in her videos. While some of the nail art looks are too complicated for me, most of them are very simple and have really jazzed up my nails.

Photo: http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/nail-polish.jpeg

Olivia Lifman is in her final year at McGill University, where she is completing an Honours BA in English Literature with a minor concentration in International Relations. Passionate about writing, reading, and the Arts, she is the Editor-in-Chief of both Her Campus McGill and McGill's English Department's Undergraduate Academic Journal, The Channel, as well as a literacy tutor. She has coached tennis for five years and is an avid haf-marathon runner. Olivia is very much looking forward to extending McGill's campus beyond its university borders and into the city of Montreal at large as she works more closely with Her Campus this year.