Four Ways to Stay Fresh to Death in the Library During Finals Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Hello my fellow HC McGill ladies!

‘Tis the season to be jolly… ah, screw it, there’s nothing to be happy about during finals. We’re all rushing about, throwing research papers at our professors, screaming at the computers for taking fifteen minutes to load, opening printer drawers left-right-and-centre in search for baffling jams that have eaten up your study notes five minutes before your in class exam, and generally just running around in circles with our arms flailing in every which way.

With all this confusion, chaos, and cramming of Victorian poetry as well as the fin de siècle (and their anxieties over failure and the immanent apocalypse) (maybe the Victorians weren’t such a remote generation of silly nincompoops who window shopped all day long and had afternoon tea as if it were a twenty-four hour activity), here are some ways to stay so-fresh-and-so-clean-clean in the grimy and gross library:

1. Origins Active Charcoal Facial Mask: clears dilated pores and gives you a glowing complexion, which is necessary when you finally meet that cutie you’ve been eyeing in the corner…oh who am I kidding!? Who’s really thinking about that when they’ve got a twenty-page research paper of a millstone hanging about their necks?? In any case, if you’ve got ten minutes to spare and don’t mind being stared at in the ladies room because your face is fossilized by this “White China Clay” shit on your face, you should definitely try this!
  2. Lush’s Tea Tree Oil Toner: Besides being vegan friendly (HELL YES), this subtly fragrant toner both cleanses and rehydrates your skin — because we all know the horrific drying effects of a twelve-hour workday in the Cybertècque bubble can do to one’s skin. A dry, flaky nose is never a pleasant sight. Spray the toner onto your face liberally (do close your mouth; it may smell light and fresh, but tastes like acidic dirt) and let it dry for a minute or two.  At least your skin can be calm and untroubled, unlike your anxiety-ridden, perma-worried mind. 
  3. Lush’s Enzymion Facial Moisturizer: After having applied the Tea Tree Oil, apply this vegan moisturizer to your face to further hydrate and smoothen you skin.  This fresh and fruity cream balances oily skin, whatever the hell that means (If balance is good and oily skin is bad ergo it redistributes the oil over your entire face? That doesn’t sound right…) However it functions, this shit is awesome.
  4. (Suuurious) Bitch Face: For all them jerks in the library who crack their knuckles, smack their bubble gum, slurp their coffee, and overall just piss you off for merely breathing in your space while you’re trying to get shit done, a bitch face is a necessity. Thank you Tavi Gevinson *gurl crush*

Good luck on them finals, ladies! Knock ‘em dead!