This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

You know those stressful 60 minutes before a date: you’re frantically searching your room for an outfit sexy enough to show off that figure you’ve worked so hard for, but also not wanting to turn straight into a popsicle as soon as you walk out the door? *breathes* It’s a tough life, ladies. Why can’t we live in a warm, mild climate that allows a simple, sexy mini skirt and tank top? Welp, there’s nothing left to do but adjust and not let snow get in the way. There must be a way to be comfortably HOT (temperature and looks wise). I mean, c’mon—the dating world is hard enough. So keep on reading for some functional and stylish outfit ideas for all date types.

Ice Skating

Play it cool with your casual, but still quirky flared jean. They are perfect for ice skate application and will keep your legs decently warm. Also, notice my inclusion of the Kylie Lip Kit … let’s just say there are cheaper options and it is #foreversoldout.

Jacket: Topshop Top: Boohoo.com Jeans: Stella McCartney Bag: YOINS Boots: Rag & Bone Lipstick: Lip Kit By Kylie

Dinner with Friends

It’s still a chill time, but you want to look presentable and adorable (gotta impress the friends). The Doc Martens and tights show you’re a baddie, but the furry cardigan says “I’m actually adorable so get to know me!”

Dress: Nasty Gal Cardigan: Genuine-People Watch: Sports Girl Stockings: Luxary Divas Boots: Dr. Martens

Fancy Dinner

Now is your moment to show off that gym routine! This outfit begs to be presented among candle light mood-lighting and expensive vino.

Coat: Chalayan Top: Glamorous Earrings: Groupon Skirt: Moda Operandi Shoes: Bionda Castana Lipstick: Guerlain

Night Out

Look a little sexier with a skin-showing dress and strappy heels for the best wild night! As long as you don’t forget the parka for those long lines (we all know and love), you’ll be gucci.

Parka: Zara Dress: Tobi Shoes: Al Duca D’aosta Clutch: Miss Selfridge Blush: NARS

I hope these outfits offered some much needed inspiration! Tune in biweekly for more Dr. Style articles addressing all things style.

Stay healthy. Stay gorgeous (and warm).

Love,

Dr. Style