Campus Cutie: Justin Leung

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

By: Casey Rosner

Your attention, ladies of the 5-1-4. May I present Justin Leung: the latest McGill sensation? This Asian Joseph Gordon-Levitt look-alike will warm the cold winter nights like they’re the (500) Days of Summer. J-Lo’s idea of a perfect date is nothing short of spectacular: “a private rooftop dinner somewhere in Venice,” Justin proposes.  *swoon* 

His heart is always in the right place, be it dreaming up the dreamiest of dates, or talking about his friends with passion. “I have the perfect balance here” says Justin, “the people in my network motivate me in so many different aspects of my life.” But he also recognizes the powerful pull that McGill has on his disposition. Since August, he has matured and changed. “No more whoopee cushions,” Justin admits. As a U0 student, he has already gravitated to the political scene, immersing himself in extra curriculars like McMun and Intermural sports. With his double major of Economics and International Development Studies, Justin hopes “to become more heavily involved in McMun and represent McGill at international competitions. Working, for sure in Business.”

When he’s not exploring business ventures or the many many bars Montreal has to offer him (he’s not a club guy), he’s checking out new venues in our fair city. This down-to-earth guy loves exploring Montreal, so if you see him on campus don’t be afraid to ask him to escort you to an Old Port ice cream shop (his favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip).

Justin Leung is an all around catch. He is rapidly becoming the guy that every parent wants to see for his or her daughter: someone who is smart, handsome and generous to a fault. He genuinely cares for those he spends time with and invests 100% in everything he does. His charm, charisma and chuckle will have you jumping into fountains singing Hall and Oats before you can say “you make my dreams come true.” But “girls who think they’re everything” need not apply. Justin’s gentle soul and style is better suited to girls of a more natural stock.

As Justin shook my hand at the conclusion of our interview, we traded favorite bands (Tame Impala!) and he threw me an easy smile. “By the way, my favorite animal is an Elephant,” he called back to me. For whatever its worth, there will be no forgetting Justin Leung. 

Just a girl at McGill trying to make her big dreams come true.