This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Searching for a chill and kind-hearted humanitarian? Well, come and take a closer look at Emile Lavergne. He has aspirations for helping the world, while possessing a strong interest and knowledge in hip-hop culture!

Major/Year: Double major in Economics/International Development Studies, second year

Hometown: Detroit, MI

Relationship Status: Single

What are your favourite things to do? I like listening to music and playing soccer.

What’s your favourite thing about Montreal? I really like the concerts and cool bars.

What do you look for in a girl? Having conversations is definitely important but shared interests and a sense of humor are probably the most important.

What’s your biggest pet peeve? There are so many to choose from… but, I would have to say sniffling or chewing with your mouth open.

What’s your favourite music? I really like rap but I like anything with a good melody.

What do you consider your best quality? I’d like to say my sense of sincerity, but I’ll go with my sense of humor.

What’s the best place you’ve travelled to? Cambodia was really nice, I went there for winter break.

What’s your dream job? I would love to be a manager of a field mission in a humanitarian organization.

Skills outside your area of study? I know way more than I’d like to admit about hip hop, the culture, the history, where it comes from, and the music itself.

Where would we find you on a typical Friday night? Typically, I’m out with friends either at their house or at a concert or a bar.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? The best advice I’ve ever received was from my father, he told me to pick my battles and that has really helped me be a little more relaxed.

Images Retrieved From: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4070222549793&set=t.1545871176&type=3&theater

Erica is a writer for Her Campus. She is currently in her second year at McGill, pursuing a degree in English (Cultural Studies). She is also an aspiring writer who loves fashion, beauty, travel, and culture. She hopes that you enjoy her articles and her insights into the world around her.