Campus Celebrity: Nika Ahmadi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is the lovely Nika Ahmadi – a hardworking Management student, with a jam-packed schedule and a passion for getting involved. You can find her running around recruiting sponsors for CASCO, managing the committee for CCS, but also just sitting on the OAP hill with friends.

I sat down with Nika to talk more about her involvement at school and her plans for the future…

Year: U2
Hometown: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Major: International Management

What made you choose McGill University? I chose McGill University because of the amazing campus, city and the opportunity to meet people from all around the world. It also doesn’t hurt that it’s ranked number 1 in Canada and recognized internationally :P

What are you involved in here at school? I’m involved with the Corporate Case Simulation, which is a new up and coming conference geared towards simulating a micro-sized business world. I’m also involved with the Commerce and Administration Student Charity Organization, otherwise known as CASCO.

Can you tell us what made you get involved in CCS and CASCO? The reason I’m involved with CCS is because I believe that it is a great new student initiative and that it is unlike any other conference out there in that it is tailored to anyone who is interested in the business world. I got involved with CASCO because the McGill community has given me so much, that I thought it would be a great way to give back and get involved with a philanthropic organization that has such a cohesive and passionate group of people working together.

What are your plans after graduation? After graduation I plan to attend law school or go to film school…. clearly I still need to make some decisions.

What do you love most about Montreal and being a student in this city? What I love most about Montreal and being a student here is that there are so many cool things to do and places to hang out from Old Montreal to Mount Royale, I feel like I’m never bored. It’s also great to live in the Canadian City with the most restaurants per capita since I love to eat!

One thing you’d like to do before graduating is: One thing? Oh that’s really hard! I’m going to cheat with this question and say I just want to make the most of my time here by fully committing to everything I do and having so much fun that’ll I’ll always remember it and have lots of hilarious anecdotes to tell my kids.

Olivia Lifman is in her final year at McGill University, where she is completing an Honours BA in English Literature with a minor concentration in International Relations. Passionate about writing, reading, and the Arts, she is the Editor-in-Chief of both Her Campus McGill and McGill's English Department's Undergraduate Academic Journal, The Channel, as well as a literacy tutor. She has coached tennis for five years and is an avid haf-marathon runner. Olivia is very much looking forward to extending McGill's campus beyond its university borders and into the city of Montreal at large as she works more closely with Her Campus this year.