This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Need to know how to dress up for a nice dinner with friends? Never know just how much to dress up or down? Take some advice from this spot-on third year, whose style exemplifies the perfect balance between sweet and fabulous. 

I noticed Vijidha Rajkumar, an Anatomy student, while she was walking to dinner with friends. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her light pink ruffle dress billowing in the chilly Saturday night breeze, and knew I just had to find out who this girl was and what had inspired her. 

As it always turns out, there was a story behind the outfit. Vijidha was watching “Say Yes to the Dress,” a TLC reality show that follow girls as they search for their dream wedding dress, when she saw something that made her exclaim, “I love that dress!”  It was a simpler dress than most on the show – loose-fitting, pleated, with flowers as accents at the bottom – and yet it managed to be elegant and girly.  Lucky for her, her mom noticed her excitement over the dress and went out to find one like it. 

Although Vijidha’s dress is not a wedding dress, it has just the right amount of glamour for the streets of Montreal. The length stays conservative while the top showes off her shoulders, and she wisely complements this look with tall Michael Kors black boots, a black sweater and a Gucci watch.  So next time you’re trying to decided what to pull from your closet for a weekend outing, go with a classy ensemble like this one that will be comfortable but still catch everyone’s eye, as it did mine. 

Runway. Vogue. Chanel. Freshman fashionista at McGill University.