Campus Catwalk: Elle Carter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Today, I found an adorable, stylish collegiette to feature on the style blog. Meet Elle Carter, first year Political Science student from Toronto. She lives in Molson Hall, and she’s heavily involved with groups on campus. This blond haired cutie caught my eye with her faux fur snood, embellished top, and floral kimono- it was a super fun ensemble that I think is perfect for instantaneously brightening up any winter outfit. Elle was happily studying on McLennan 5th floor until I decided to steal her away for a couple of snapshots for the blog. She happily agreed despite the fact that she had a midterm in two hours. 

Let’s take a brief moment to appreciate the statement piece in Elle’s ensemble: the faux-fur infinity scarf. I’m obsessed. It’s a little more fancy than your typical circle scarf, and it just screams “luxurious”. I don’t know about you, but I think it immedietely transforms the outfit by adding class and sophistication. It’s a good way to add some texture to an outfit, and for those of you who want to incorporate fur into your closet, or try out the trend but aren’t ready for an intense faux-fur coat, an infinity scarf is a good alternative and the perfect way to test the waters.

“Florals for SPRING? Groudbreaking.”  If you got that reference, we should be friends. It is from one of my FAVORITE movies, The Devil Wears Prada. If you haven’t watched it yet- GET ON IT.  Anyways, the point made is that florals for spring are too predictible, but for winter? Chic! Despite the heavy snowfall, Elle quickly took off her jacket so that I could photograph her in the cute dark floral kimono she had over her girly embellished top. I love the clash of the two prints and I think that the pastels of the embellished top really compliment the florals of the kimono. To finish off the look, Elle had on a pair of black skinnies and a pair of minimalistic black knee high boots.

If you’re as obsessed with the floral kimono as I am, check out this super cool DIY a youtuber created for making your own kimono.

Political Science student, hopeless romantic, dreamer, and a firm believer that "those who are crazy enough to think that they change the world, are the ones who do"