5 McGill Foodie Instagram Accounts You Need to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

McGill is full of talented and passionate students, and it definitely needs to be appreciated more. I had the pleasure of talking to five current students about their favorite restaurants and foods to get some recommendations. Their Instagram accounts document their food experiences in and out of Montreal, as well as their experiments in the kitchen. Follow them to stay in the loop of the McGill food scene and to fill your timeline with food, which is a win-win in my opinion.

Restaurant Recommendations: Aux Vivres for vegetarian. Vasco da Gama has amazing coffee and pastries close to campus. There is also Le Nil Bleu, which is an Ethiopian restaurant that has really interesting and tasty food.

Favorite Food: When I have time, I like to make more intricate things like sushi or stews, but otherwise, I love pesto pasta and any type of salad.

Bonus: Nathalie has an amazing food blog that has delicious recipes like the strawberry bruschetta featured in the cover photo of this article. She also writes for Spoon McGill.

Restaurant Recommendations: Mi Corazon, La Capital, and Junior are my new favorites in town. My favorite cafe is Cafe Osmo. Ta Pies is also a good place to get a quick bite. 

Favorite Food: Too difficult!!! I’ll go with my spring pea ravioli which is my 2016 thing. 

Bonus: Helena is currently the Spoon McGill Community Manager and frequently writes about all food related things

• Annie Chien: (U1, International Development Studies) @anniechiennn

Restaurant Recommendations: Brunch at Régine Café (a bit far) but it’s beautiful and delicious, and definitely worth the travel.

Favorite Food: Avocado toast + kiwi, banana, & blueberry smoothie to make myself feel like I’m brunching everywhere everyday

Bonus: Annie is also a writer for Spoon McGill.

Restaurant Recommendations: Venice in Old Port (lunch), Cafe Vaso De Gama on Peel (lunch), Lawrence on St. Laurent (brunch), Arts Cafe on Fairmount (brunch), and Maison Christian Faure in Old Port (croissants).

Favorite Thing to Cook: Jap Chae – so easy to make, yet delicious and healthy.

Favorite Food: Vietnamese food!

•  Eleanor Tsang: (U3, General Management) @psimella

Restaurant Recommendations: L’Gros Luxe, Mandy’s Salads, Arts Cafe.

Favorite Food: Pancakes, with crazy fluffy layers and lots of chocolate!

• BONUS: You can also follow my food instagram @lifefoodblog (shameless self plug)

Images obtained from: Nathalie Kent and each featured student. 

Kelly is currently a Second Year with Advanced Standing at McGill University studying History, Business Management, and Psychology. She loves everything food related, and has her own food blog in the works.