Campus Cutie Stewart (’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

Name: Katie Stewart

Year: Junior

Major: Sociology

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Show: Prison Break

Favorite Artist: Sam Hunt

Her Campus (HC): What do you look for in a significant other?

Katie Stewart (KS): Well, nothing’s ever simple, but I’d like someone who’s really down to earth and chill. Physically, I’d say someone who’s taller. And, I’m a sucker for blue and green eyes! I want someone who’s willing to do whatever! Just kick back and drink a beer.

HC: Do you have a favorite pick-up line?

KS: I don’t really use any specific ones! (Laughs) I kinda just pull ‘em outta my ass.

HC: What is your idea of a perfect date?

KS: I would say a movie with popcorn, chillin’ in the back of a truck, just watchin the stars, or sittin’ by the river fishing.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

KS: I like to play music. I play piano and acoustic guitar.

HC: What are your biggest turn-ons?

KS: Now, why you gotta ask me that? (Laughs) I’d have to say neck biting and hips. There’s a curve on the hip, like right here (points to hip) that’s just mhmm.

HC: Why did you choose Mary Baldwin?

KS: Well, Mary Baldwin kinda found me. I applied to a few senior military schools and got into VMI, but Mary Baldwin offered me a lot of money. So, I came to the campus and just fell in love with it.

HC: What’s your favorite Mary Baldwin memory?

KS: (Laughs) It comes from my freshman year. I formed a bond with my sister nuLLs that we all have, whether we hate each other or love each other. But yeah, one of my sister nuLLs and I decided to break the rules and ride down the elevator in Spencer, and of course the damn thing got stuck! So, the fire department came and some girl with us was taking pictures that got posted on Facebook. We got caught and had to get up at five in the morning and put the flag up ourselves every morning for about five and a half weeks. It was worth it to see the look on the NCC chair’s face though, I loved making her mad.

HC:  So, there is a rule in VWIL that everyone has to be addressed by the pronoun “she.” Do you have any opinions on that rule?

KS: It doesn’t really matter to me.

HC: Which pronoun do you prefer?

KS: Again, it doesn’t matter to me. People are just gonna say what they wanna say anyway. My name tastes like chocolate cake. That’s why people get fat here, cause they can’t keep it out of their mouths! (Laughs) I’m gonna get so much shit for saying that!

Kalli-Anne Hymons is a devoted student in Mary Baldwin College's Early College Academy. She is an English major with a minor in Creative Writing. When she isn't getting lost in a new book or catching up on her favorite shows on Netflix, you can find her studying or working hard in class. Kalli-Anne was born and raised in Chesapeake, Virginia, and enjoys reading and playing field hockey. 
Rachel Heacock is a second-year at the University of Virginia. She is an Applied Statistics major with a concentration in Actuarial Finance with interest in an English minor. When she isn't watching baseball, she's in class, studying, or reading up on FanGraphs and MLB Trade Rumors. Born and raised in Northern Virginia, Rachel loves attending Washington Nationals games or relaxing at her southern lake house with her Lab-German Shepherd mixed puppy.