This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

The snow days are over and now it’s time to return to classes. That means getting out of our warm beds and enduring a long trek through the snow. But, there is hope yet, collegiettes! Here are five things to ways to stay warm despite the freezing temperatures.

1.     Drink hot chocolate

Or any other hot beverage! Pour your drink in a portable thermos for instant warmth wherever you are. (Hunt has coffee, tea and packaged hot cocoa available during meal times, too!)

2.     Snuggle up in bed

Pile all your blankets (and maybe some of your roommate’s) onto your bed and curl up with a book or your computer (Netflix anybody?)

3.     Dress in layers

In weather this cold, looking cute is no longer an option. The most important thing to do is stay warm, so bundle up! Don’t forget your hat, scarf, and gloves.

4.     Make cookies

If you have the time, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are one of the best things in the world. Also, they leave you feeling warm and cozy for hours. Who doesn’t love cookies?

5.     Dream of Spring Break

Imagine all the warm weather and sandy beaches to get you through the miserable cold. We’re less than two weeks away… we can make it.

Katherine Draves is a student in the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted at Mary Baldwin College. She is a Theatre major with a focus in theatre literature and history. When she isn't in class or at rehearsal, she loves to relax with Netflix or a good book. Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, Katherine is an avid fan of the Seahawks and new Broadway shows.  
Rachel Heacock is a second-year at the University of Virginia. She is an Applied Statistics major with a concentration in Actuarial Finance with interest in an English minor. When she isn't watching baseball, she's in class, studying, or reading up on FanGraphs and MLB Trade Rumors. Born and raised in Northern Virginia, Rachel loves attending Washington Nationals games or relaxing at her southern lake house with her Lab-German Shepherd mixed puppy.