Why We Love Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Mother’s Day is about more than just the card. It’s a day to celebrate the mothers who have been with us through it all and shaped us into the young women we are today. In honor of Mother’s Day, members of Her Campus Marywood share reasons why we love our moms.

Tori Kaleycik

“She is my constant reminder that a successful woman’s foundation is faith, hope and love.”

Delaney Kane

“She reminds me to take time for myself, and to pause and enjoy each moment of the day.”

Delaney Malloy

“Even though she passed away when I was 4, she continues to be with me mind, heart, and soul. Remembering her helps me know I can conquer the world.”

Lauren Gemma

“She is my absolute best friend and number one supporter in whatever I do. I always know that I have a shoulder to lean on. I hope to be half the woman she is.”

McKensie Curnow, Campus Correspondent

“I love my mom so much! Though sometimes overprotective, she would do anything for me. I appreciate her sense of humor and comforting, caring nature. She makes me look forward to motherhood.  Bonus: We share the same shoe size and taste in wine.”

Amanda Duncklee

“My mother and I used to fight every time we spoke since I was a dumb kid who didn’t want to listen. I’m slightly less dumb, and our relationship is much better since I decided to swallow my pride and accept that she was right.”

Alexandra Goebelbecker, Campus Correspondent

“She’s my role model and best friend. I know I can always count on her for a sarcastic comment or advice. One day I hope to be half the woman she is.”

Anna Notchick

“She reminds me every day that the key to success is to have dreams. I would be nowhere without her. She is my lifeline and my rock.”

Nicole Southard

“Even though I’m taller than her now, I will always look up to my mama. She is my best friend and I wouldn’t be the woman that I am today without her constant support and encouragement.”

Jenn Remick

“My mother is the foundation of who I am; she is my role model. She has instilled in me a love for myself and those around me. She is selfless, brave, strong, and beautiful. I could not be more thankful for my mom.”

Nicole Coombs

“My mom is my best friend and my rock. She believes in me no matter what and pushes me to reach my goals but reminds me to have fun getting there. I love my mom more than anything and couldn’t be more blessed to have her.”

Paige Coombs

“She is the one who keeps me going everyday, always there to support me in everything I do. She is my biggest fan, and had taught me to never give up on my dreams or anything I put my mind to. I love her so much!!!”

Maura Olek

“My favorite thing she’s taught me is to work hard and be successful so I can take care of myself and not have to depend on anyone to support me. She’s the one who has always seen a light in me even when I couldn’t.”

Lexi Leonard

“My mom is my best friend in the entire world! She is my number one supporter and fan; she pushes me to do my best. I love my mom more than words or actions could describe.”

Haley O’Brien

“She’s the strongest woman I know, my biggest fan, and the best mother. She always knows what to say when I’m having a bad day and she supports all the crazy things I do. And she’s absolutely beautiful and I hope to be as great a mother as she is someday.”

Happy Mother’s Day!

McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.