Meet Therese Sullivan ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Name: Therese Sullivan

Major: Interior Architecture

Graduation Year: 2017

Hometown: Johnson City, NY

Her Campus: Why did you choose Marywood?

Therese Sullivan: I was familiar with it because my sister went here, and they have interior architecture, and I love the campus. I love the size and the beauty of the trees. Also the dorms are really nice. I felt comfortable living in dorms that are so nice. That’s pretty much all ya need to know!

HC: Why did you choose your major?

TS: I have always been creative and interested in the arts and I wanted to pursue a career in interior design, but they offered interior architecture here and I figured that would be more credible. It just seemed like an exciting path and different from what most people would do.

HC: What has been your favorite experience in college so far?

TS: Living in the dorms because that was my opportunity to meet people and become really good friends and be able to hang out and go to different on campus events. 

HC: What is your favorite place on campus and why?

TS: I love my interior architecture studio because it was converted from a gym and pool into a studio. Everything about the building is a learning experience and I get to work inside of it everyday. I also love the openness of it and there is always someone there to hang out with no matter what time of day it is.  

HC: What was your favorite class in college?

TS: That’s really tough, honestly it is hard to pick one. I love ethnicity and diversity that I am taking with Dr. Shprintzen this semester. I also loved taking Italian both here at Marywood and when I studied abroad in Italy because it is enriching to learn about other cultures and it opens your mind and makes you less ignorant towards other peoples views. 

HC: I am so sorry about this question but it is kind of staring us in the face, what are your plans after college?

TS: Oh yikes. Ideally I would like to get my masters degree through Marywood. I have an opportunity to study in Florence again for a full year. I don’t know if that will happen or not but regardless I plan on pursuing my masters degree at Marywood.

HC: What is your dream job?

TS: I would love to work as a retail designer for a clothing store. I have always been interested in fashion and marketing and it fascinates me how companies develop their own brand and identity. I want to help a company develop that sense of identity. 

HC: If you could give your freshman self advice to survive college, what would it be?

TS: There are a lot of things but the main thing I would say is, Just don’t worry about every little thing. Look at the big picture. Focus on what matters. Don’t think about what you need to do in the next three years, four years. I mean yes, plan ahead in terms of academics but don’t stress about what is going to happen in the future. 

HC: What will you miss most after you leave Marywood?

TS: Being in a campus setting where there are always people to hang out with. Where the professors are there to help you if you it. The one thing I have noticed about Marywood is that people are so willing to support you and get you where you need to go and that will be what I miss most. I’ll also miss all of my friends and those who I became close with throughout the years. 

I'm a New Hampshire girl living in a Pennsylvania world. Lover of Harry Potter, the New England Patriots, and my bed. I think that about covers it.
Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com