This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Name: Alexis (Lexi) Leonard

Hometown: Southold, New York

Major: Art Therapy

Graduation Year: 2019

HC: Why did you choose Marywood?

Lexi: I love their robust art program.

HC: Why did you pick Art Therapy as your major?

Lexi: I felt like I couldn’t get a job majoring in fine arts. I love art, the elderly, and helping others. So why not combine both?

HC: What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?

Lexi: My mom and I becoming best friends because we used to hate each other.

HC: The worst?

Lexi: When my grandma died, but that is what brought us [my mom and I] closer.

HC: What is your most prized possession and why?

Lexi: My car. It has been my dream car since I was little and it is my favorite color.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Lexi: When people say one thing, but do another. Also, when people ask for advice then criticize it. That pisses me off.

HC: What is one word you would use to describe yourself?

Lexi: Creative.

HC: What do you do on campus?

Lexi: I am a part of the Art Therapy club, the Bayleaf and Her Campus.

HC: What is your favorite movie?

Lexi: Anastasia because my mom would always tell me that we are descendants of the Romanov family, and my older sister’s name is Anastasia. Also, Where The Wild Things Are because it makes me cry when no one should cry; like, I would cry for the stupidest reason since it is so cute.

HC: What is your favorite animal and why?

Lexi: Cat! Because they are so cute and always down to cuddle (most of them)!

HC: If you had one more day left on earth, how would you spend it?

Lexi: I would be at my favorite winery back home with my friends and family. Then we would go watch the sunset on the beach.

HC: What is one of your coolest accomplishments?

Lexi: My favorite painting was made into the cover of a journal at my high school. It is similar to the Bayleaf here at Marywood.

FUN FACTS:

Lexi’s favorite desert: One scoop of Rocky Road ice-cream on a sugar cone

Lexi’s favorite quote: “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

I am a million things, and I also love a million things.I am a student at Marywood, who is an aspiring (KICK BUTT) lawyer.If I am missing you can most likely find me in my room with my record player and lava lamp.One thing you should know about me.. I am a rapper named JMONEY. I also have a music video.(A SLIGHTLY LEGIT JOKE.)My favorite quote is.. "We do what we can to stay alive, now do what you must to feel alive."Always keep in mind, art is powerful more than you think. 
McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.