This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

As all you Beauty Queens out there already know, buying your favorite makeup brands can leave a HUGE hole in your wallet. I mean seriously, who pays $54 for an eyeshadow palette? …The answer is I…. I myself have splurged too many times to count. To save all you poor, beautiful souls from digging change out of your couch cushions just to pay for your Vanilla/Hazelnut, cream, no sugar morning coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts, I have compiled a list of MUST HAVES. And by that, I mean they are truly worth every penny.

1. Michael Todd Soniclear Cleansing System ($149.00)

I know what you’re thinking: “I think she made a mistake, the Clarisonic is clearly the ultimate cleanser, and I’ve decided she’s crazy.” You may not be wrong about the crazy part, but no, I meant what I said. The Soniclear is the first Antimicrobial cleansing system. For all of you that are too lazy to look up the word Antimicrobial- I see you. What it means is that the bacteria you wash off your face isn’t allowed to live and grow in your pretty purple brush head. Nuh-uh, peace out pathogens ✌!!! For the cherry on top, The Soniclear has 6 cleansing speeds. That’s right, I said 6! Forget the Clarisonic, you know where you wanna spend that next paycheck.

2. Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($22.00)

Yeah, I’m aware you can buy a Maybelline felt tip pen for a whopping $7.00, but Stila’s stay-all-day liner is exactly what it says. I dare you to go to your nearest ULTA and swipe some across the back of your hand. I guarantee in 10 seconds or less you can rub your fingers across it WITH FORCE and it will not smudge.  One of the most difficult things about makeup is making it look fabulous all day long, so this takes care of your 12 hour cat eye *meow*. Here’s a totally tubular fact: it comes in 15 vibrant colors for your alter-ego wild side! ;)

3. Beauty Blender ($20)

Twenty bucks for a sponge you say??? Damn straight. This is what I call a miracle worker. This sponge works harder than Santa’s Elves on Christmas Eve. You need to jingle yourself all the way to Sephora and grab one of these ASAP, but make sure it’s the original! Those knockoffs can’t compare. Stipple or foundation brushes are great and all, but the Original BeautyBlender builds your foundation in for that perfect airbrushed look. It’s even better for those who like to layer and contour. A cake-free face makes the heart grow fonder. ♥ Quick Tip: Wet the sponge and squeeze out excess then apply foundation normally to incorporate moisture into that dry skin!

4. Urban Decay All Nighter Spray ($30)

For all you partiers out there, you NEED this in your life. After applying a fresh face of makeup before a night out, you may look in the mirror, admire your mad talents, and maybe think “damn, someone might make out with me tonight”. But 2 hours in, depending on how many cran-vodkas you’ve had, you could find yourself looking like a real hot mess. Are you picking up what I’m putting down? UD’s Setting Spray = makeup that stays put. Really though, anyone who wants to keep that fresh face look all day needs this in their makeup collection.

5. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain ($36.00)

This is utter witchcraft. Best lip stain I’ve ever used. It really stays for up to 12 hours and the coverage is more than buildable; whether you’re looking for a sheer coat or an opaque bold lipstick, you can find it all right in that tube. Best of all, you still get SHINE, which is where the witchcraft comes in, because shine defies all logic of a lip stain. Those French are doin’ something right. Keep it up, Yves.

6. Valentino Valentina Pink Eau De Parfum Spray ($112.00)

Valentina Pink –another lovely offering from the house of Valentino. How could you not want a perfume with a name as beautiful as that? Now, let me remind you, this is a LIMITED EDITION, so I suggest bumping it to the top of your list before it’s all gone! This perfume was just released in April 2015, and I heard about it from a beauty vlogger who got her hands on some when she visited Europe. Little did I know it wasn’t available in America until a few months ago, so I went on quite the hunt just to finally get ahold of this (meaning I gave up until my boyfriend gifted it to me- aren’t I lucky?). My first impression of this scent is that it is fresh, crisp, and fruity. All the while setting the stage for the lovely rose and peony notes. The flower notes aren’t too strong, but blend perfectly with the berries and musky smell of it. I don’t know how else to describe it but perfection. The longer you wear it, the more you uncover the layers of scents. If you’re like me and you consider yourself a beauty junkie, implementation isn’t always the be-all and end-all. Sometimes you just want a few fancy-shmancy products for the hell of it. Just be careful, because more dollar signs do not always mean better quality. Most of the time, it’s a big rip off. And to be clear, just because Marc Jacobs’ Lola has a designer name- doesn’t mean it won’t make you smell like Daisy’s slutty big sister. You’re a real woman and dammit, you need some next-level products!

The only BS I need is bags and shoes.
McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.