Sensitive Soul: Cody Bates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Cody Bates

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland

What are some of your hobbies/activities?  

Some of my hobbies include writing poetry & short stories, listening to music, and playing online video games.

What activities are you involved in on campus?

Active Minds as club president, I am an RA, and a member of Conference Center.

What is your favorite part about being a leader on campus?

My favorite part about being a leader on campus is being able to affect others in a positive way

Why did you choose to attend Marymount?

I chose to come to Marymount because it had the atmosphere I was looking for and it was the perfect size campus.

What is your favorite thing about Marymount?

My favorite thing about Marymount is getting to know all of the great students and the people who run the school, having people who recognize me on a daily basis.

What is a typical day in your life like?

A typical day involves class, usually early in the day, homework, work at Starbucks or Sodexo, RA duties, and I usually wrap up a good day by hanging out with my girlfriend.

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

I see myself at the end of my grad school career and hopefully having written a book.

What is your most memorable moment at Marymount? 

My most memorable moment at Marymount is walking into my first event and meeting people from all over the east coast.

What have you been able to take away from your years so far at Marymount?

Thanks to Marymount I have become a much better person, I have learned many conflict resolution and other leadership skills that will serve me well in the future.

What is your dream job?

My dream job is being a therapist for astronauts going on long-term space missions and second to that is becoming an author.

What is your favorite quality in others?

My favorite quality in others is humor, people who can laugh at themselves and create funny situations out of anything.

If you had a super power, what would it be?

If I could have a superpower it would be Telekinesis (move things with my mind).

Favorite color? Blue

Favorite Movie/TV show? my favorite movie is Braveheart, and my favorite TV show is Doctor Who.

Favorite book? All The Light We Cannot See and The Alchemist.

Favorite sport? Football

Favorite Singer/Band?  xAmbassadors.

Celeb crush? Emma Watson.

Biggest pet peeve? A pet peeve of mine is people touching my belly button.

What is your motto to live by/favorite quote?

My favorite motto to live by is: “I do not wish to live practically. I wish to live passionately, recklessly and with every ounce of my being.”