Meet Rachel Keenan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Rachel Keenan

Year: 2017

Major/Minor: Fashion Merchandising

Where are you from? Myersville, MD

What activities are you involved in? Fashion Club, Portfolio in Motion, Honors Program

Why did you choose to attend Marymount? Mostly the location, I loved the small, suburban campus that was just outside of Washington DC. But, of course, the fashion program was also one of the main reasons why I came here.

What was the most shocking thing about Marymount when you first moved in? Definitely the room size….. I had a panic attack thinking about how I was going to fit all my clothes.

What is your favorite thing about Marymount? Marymount feels like a really close community, a family. The professors really care about their students and what they are teaching and the people are all really here to learn.

Why did you try out for PIM? The idea of being a model in PIM was so nerve-wracking and I think that’s why I decided to try out. I really wanted to do something outside of my comfort zone and try something new even though I was scared to do it. Plus, I really wanted to wear all the cool clothes.

What impact has PIM had on your first year? I have met so many great new people and learned so much more about modeling than I knew before. It has taught me to be patient and very disciplined with practices late at night, two nights a week.

Most memorable moment at Marymount? Midnight Madness

Most embarrassing moment? Tripping in the cafeteria….

Advice for incoming freshmen? Be yourself. It sounds so incredibly cliché but I could not stress it enough. College is the time to experience so many new things and meet so many people and I have learned it is so important to know who you are and just be confident in that.

This or That?

Dating Berg boys or Ignoring Berg boys? Hmm… neither. They’re a fun time, but you don’t want to date them.

Clubbing or a quiet night in? Clubbing. I LOVE to dance. But a night in watching Netflix also can’t be beat.

Tysons or Pentagon? Tyson’s

Dining hall or Bernie’s? Bernie’s

Linda Quinones is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marymount. She is also a member of the executive board, specializing in recruitment for the Student Ambassador program. The 21 year old is originally from New York City and has dreams of working for Seventeen Magazine and making her mark in the fashion industry. She was raised by a single mother, whose hard work, sacrifice and independence inspires her everyday to be the best she can be.