pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Name: Maureen Quay

Year: Senior

Major: Criminal Justice

What activities are you involved in on campus?

I am on the executive board for both the Marymount Actors’s Guild (MAG) and ActiveMindsMU (AMMU) as the publicity chair.

What are some of your hobbies?

I enjoy drawing/sketching, painting, playing piano playing guitar, watching movies, writing, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends.

What is your favorite part about being a leader on campus?

I like being a leader because it it makes me feel important in the grand scheme of things, even if it is something as small as publicizing an event so that more people go. 

Why did you choose to attend Marymount?

I chose to attend Marymount because when I was looking at colleges four years ago, I was looking for a place that would have ample job opportunities, financial aid in the form of scholarships, and was relatively small. Marymount fit all of those qualifications.

What is your favorite thing about Marymount?

My favorite thing about Marymount is the people that go here. Since, MU is such a small school, it gives student, like myself, a chance to really get to know the other students on campus. 

What is a typical day in your life like?

A typical day starts off with an alarm at 7:00AM that I promptly snooze until about 20 minutes before either class or work. I then go to class or work, go back to my room, Netflix or nap, and repeat. My life isn’t that interesting, to be honest.

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

Five years from now, I plan to be living in New York with my best friends Nick Bensmiller, Billy Shinn, and Robert Hoffman. I also plan on being employed by either the FBI, the New York State Troopers, or the Manhattan Police Department as either a homicide detective or a blood spatter analyst.

What is your most memorable moment at Marymount?

That’s a tough question. My most memorable moment at Marymount would probably be Freshman Orientation because that is where I met some of my best friends along with my current roommate.

What have you been able to take away from your years so far at Marymount?

Mainly my friends and my education. 

What is your dream job and how do you think you’ll get there?

My dream job is to be a special agent in the FBI. I plan to get there by applying to internships with them, working with local police departments to gain experience, and using the connections that I have made in school to obtain my dream job.                                                                

Favorite color: Crimson

Favorite movie/TV show: Silence of the Lambs and Supernatural

Favorite book: All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

Favorite sport: Swimming

Favorite infer/band: Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy

Celeb crush: Ryan Reynolds

Favorite quality in others: Honesty

If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Animorphism; the ability to transform into different animals. Similar to Beast Boy from Teen Titans. 

Pet peeve: People who chew with their mouth open.

What is your motto to live by/favorite quote?

“Nothing worth having comes easy.”