This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

1. You are customly designed

Yes, that’s right, mother nature designed you just the way you are. Stretch marks and wavy hair and all, you are a unique, one of a kind creation. Treasure yourself!

2. You have a heart and mind that is constantly growing and expanding

You learn new things every day and open yourself to opportunities. 

3. You are strong

You get up every morning and power through the day, even when you don’t want to. 

4. You are smart

You made it to college and passed numerous classes. You will graduate and do great things one day.

5. You bring joy to the lives of others

You’ve laughed, played, and shared a multitude of memories with family and friends who adore you.

6. You have known love and given love

You are a bundle of light, giving love to those you meet and accepting it in return. 

7. You have your own, special sense of style

Whether it is 50’s pinup dresses or grunge biker jackets, what you wear makes you unique and hella cute.

8. You are perfectly imperfect

Perfection is so overrated. You have your own intricacies and faults that make you stand out from the crowd. Acknowledging them makes you courageous and gives you power over your own life.

If ever you are feeling down about yourself, remember your own power, beauty, and uniqueness. There is no one like you on this earth and no one will ever be. Love yourself! You are a goddess.

Growing up in a free-spirited family, Amanda was always interested in the arts, whether it was writing, painting or making movies with her friends. She is a graphic design major who has a passion for fashion, film, and all things fantasy. After graduating from University she plans on pursuing a career in design, and to continue writing for pleasure (or profit!).