5 Tips for an Epic Girl’s Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

If there is one thing in this world that I enjoy the most, it would have to be a girls night in! It’s so great to have time with your girls. Girl’s nights can be great for your mental, social, and physical well-being. While it’s great to be dating someone or having some close guys in your life, you still need that special time with just the ladies.Here are a few ideas to have the best girls night ever!!

1. Mocktails or Cocktails 

Whether you are of legal drinking age, or not, fix a fancy drink for you and your friends. It can be as complicated as you want or as simple as a Shirley Temple. A mocktail recipe I personally enjoy is called the Arizona Sunset. All you need is Sprite, Grenadine, Orange Juice, and some Marashino cherries, or orange slices, to fancy it up. Here are a few more to have some fun with!

2. Create Your Own Snacks  

This can be a lot of fun whether you’re tackling that sweet tooth or into something salty. I recommend buying your favorite salty and sweet snacks to combine them and make a tasty trail mix. If you aren’t in the mood for trail mix but really want chocolate, try making your own – you’d be surprised what tastes good in chocolate! Get a little crazy, melt some chocolate, spread it out, toss in some of your favorite snacks, let it harden, and in minutes you have yourself your own custom candy bar! If you just want to stick with something simple toss some cookies or brownies in the oven or pop some popcorn. I also highly recommend a candy bar full of you favorite treats for your girls to pick and choose. 

3. Pamper Yourselves 

Now that you have got your food and drinks ready, go ahead and pamper yourselves a little bit. Buy a face mask at the store that you can all try out. Paint your nails. Maybe even do each other’s makeup. Do whatever suits you and your friend group best.  The ultimate purpose is to relax and spend time in great conversation with one another. 

4. Tear Up Your Living Space

Once you’re all done getting pampered it’s time to fully relax and unwind. Go ahead and tear up your living space so that it is as comfy as possible. Sometimes my friends and I will pull our mattresses off of the beds and drag them into the living room. Throw some pillows on the floor and grab as many blankets as you can. Heck, if you want to, go back to being a kid and make a fort!

5. Watch a Movie

Now that you have checked off everything else on this list, it’s movie time. When you are with the ladies it is a great time to cave and watch a chick flick. Maybe you all want to watch a romantic comedy, a tear jerker, something scary, or even all of the above. If you are like me and my friends though, you might want to pick something that you don’t care about watching too much. We usually end up ignoring the movie and talking/laughing instead! 

Ultimately, do something that makes you all happy and you’ll be sure to have a great time. Sometimes the best moments in life come from the little things. I hope these tips were helpful for you and your girls to have a wonderful ladies’ night in!