Wellness > Sex + Relationships

What I Think Each Sign’s Love Language Ranking Would Be

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

I have so many unsolicited opinions and thoughts on the zodiac signs. As Her Campus Maryland celebrates Galentine’s and Valentine’s day, I want to share with all of you what each of their love language rankings are, or should be. Here are some tips for impressing your besties and baes this love season!

Aries

1. Quality time
  2. Words of affirmation
  3. Physical touch
  4. Acts of Service
  5. Receiving Gifts

Starting off strong since I’m an Aries sun and venus, so I really know the tea here. Aries is an all-or-nothing type, so quality time is always first. There’s nothing they love more than constant attention, communication and validation. Any fire sign also loves the ego boost of words of affirmation to feed their god complex, and Aries tends to be painfully literal so physical touch comes next. It’s hard to come across an Aries without an independence complex, so trying to do things for them or buy them things probably won’t get you very far. This is why we end off with acts of service and receiving gifts. 

Taurus

1. Acts of Service
  2. Physical touch
  3. Quality time
  4. Words of affirmation
  5. Receiving Gifts

It seems like the only thing Taurus is always known for is being clingy and obsessed. I want to give Taurus more credit here and put acts of service at the top since they have the practical Earth sign energy and think they would want love shown to them in a concrete way. However we have to humor the stereotype and put physical touch on second, because they definitely have their clingy moments. The next best love languages for clinginess are of course quality time and words of affirmation so they can be reassured that they’re still loved. Receiving gifts finishes us off because they’d rather just follow you around all day honestly. 

Gemini 

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Receiving Gifts
  3. Physical touch
  4. Quality time
  5. Acts of Service

Out of everyone, Gemini definitely has the most rizz, for better or for worse. There’s nothing a Gemini wants to do more than to sit and talk all day, which is why we obviously start with words of affirmation. Gemini is also clearly the material girl of the zodiac which is why receiving gifts is next, plus it separates you from the other 1,000 conversations they’ve had that day. Physical touch is next because they love a little attention and spice, and quality time is also a good opportunity for them to exercise their perfect conversation skills. Acts of service is last because honestly it just takes away time for them to tell you about themselves.

Cancer

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Physical touch
  3. Quality time
  4. Acts of Service
  5. Receiving Gifts

Sweet Cancer just wants you to tell them they look pretty today,  so we’re starting off with words of affirmation for this dreamy sign. Physical touch comes next because the pure sign also loves a little cuddle. Quality time is next because a nice date helps them know you care, and they’d love an act of service but only after showered with compliments. Receiving gifts is last here not because Cancer wouldn’t appreciate something thoughtful from you, but I imagine something impersonal wouldn’t be enough for their emotional needs.

Leo

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Acts of Service
  3. Receiving Gifts
  4. Quality time
  5. Physical touch

A Leo would definitely look at these options and just say why can’t I have them all. However, when forced to rank words of affirmation would definitely be first because as mentioned a fire sign loves an ego boost. Acts of service is next because why wouldn’t you do things for them if they’re that hot? Leos love a touch of flattery almost as much as they love themselves so a good thoughtful gift goes a long way, i.e. receiving gifts. Quality time is next because yes that’s fun for them, but after a little compliment. Physical touch is surprisingly last here because Leo definitely thinks they can have anyone they want, so you have to stand out in other ways first to be the most impressive.

Virgo

1. Acts of Service
  2. Physical touch
  3. Quality time
  4. Words of affirmation
  5. Receiving Gifts

The way to a Virgo’s heart is definitely loading the dishwasher exactly the way they want it. That’s why we start off strong and definitively with acts of service because there’s nothing a Virgo loves more than a task, and if you can do that for them you’re winning. Just be careful you don’t mess it up. Physical touch is next purely because of how on the nosey Virgo can be, and quality time is after for the same reason. Words of affirmation are towards the end here because they’d rather you walk the walk than talk the talk. Receiving gifts is last for the same reason, but also because a Virgo is so organized so they definitely have everything they want or need.

Libra

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Quality time
  3. Receiving Gifts
  4. Physical touch
  5. Acts of Service

Little idealistic Libra of course has words of affirmation first because they love to daydream, so little sweet nothings are perfect for that. Their air sign selves also love to talk. Quality time is next because they want to live in the fantasy forever, and then receiving gifts is so camp and up their alley. Physical touch is next because they love affection and attention, they just prefer it be delivered verbally. We end with acts of service because Libra exists in a fairytale, so a chore or favor is a little bit too close to reality for them. 

Scorpio

1. Physical touch
  2. Quality time
  3. Words of affirmation
  4. Acts of Service
  5. Receiving Gifts

Anyone who’s into astrology is not going to be shocked that physical touch is first for our Scorpios… Anyways after they’re done with that quality time comes next for this emo kid of a zodiac sign, because duh, if they’re obsessed with you they want every second of your time. Words of affirmation come next because they love a deep talk about their feelings despite the mysterious exterior. Acts of service and receiving gifts are at the end here because they’re just so introspective and deep, why even bother with the material?

Sagittarius

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Physical touch
  3. Quality time
  4. Receiving Gifts
  5. Acts of Service

The hardest sign to pin down of them all, Sagittarians are fire signs to their core so they love to be told how great they are as much as possible. This is why we’re starting off with words of affirmation. Free-spirited Sagittarius also likes physical touch next because they’re experience-oriented, and want to be moving and doing things at all times. The next best thing for that is quality time, followed by receiving gifts because they love all things new and exciting. Acts of service is last because I’m not sure Sagittarius has their to-do list organized to even keep track of which chores their partner could do for them.

Capricorn

1. Acts of Service
  2. Physical touch
  3. Words of affirmation
  4. Receiving Gifts
  5. Quality time

It’s hard to figure out where little miss MIA Capricorn is, so the best way to get to them might just be by offering a favor between appointments. Next is physical touch because once you do track them down they’re going to want to get right to it. A little conversation also is helpful so you can compliment them with whatever their new project of the week is. Receiving gifts is next because a little treat here and there is nice for Capricorn, but again if you just grabbed them a coffee before work they’d probably appreciate it more. Last is quality time because honestly they’re going to have a hard time penciling you in at all. 

Aquarius

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Receiving Gifts
  3. Physical touch
  4. Quality time
  5. Acts of Service

Aquarians are not like other girls. Therefore, words of affirmation come first on their list because they love to hear about how cool and different they are. They love a little aesthetic moment so they’d love receiving a good gift to add to their collection of pretty things. Physical touch stays in the middle because they love a little spice of course, and we finish off with acts of service because they are the least practical sign that I can think of.

Pisces

1. Quality time
  2. Words of affirmation
  3. Acts of Service
  4. Physical touch
  5. Receiving Gifts

If you’re dating or friends with Pisces, you have to be careful not to leave them alone with their thoughts for too long to keep them from convincing themselves you hate them. That’s why we start off with quality time. Next, words of affirmation are also helpful in showing that you appreciate them because their emo kid selves will be so flattered. I imagine Pisces would also react well to a few acts of service because they would obviously do anything for you as well. Physical touch is next as they like a cuddle, but have to know where they stand with you first. Lastly, Pisces is not material enough and too deep to be pleased by a gift.

Madelyn Willoughby is a senior majoring in journalism and minoring in business at the University of Maryland. She is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Maryland.