This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Thanksgiving is a time of family, friends and most importantly, food!

Even if you aren’t a fan of the turkey, stuffing, and cranberries, you can always count on dessert to fill you up. Although it is hard to save room for dessert on Thanksgiving, each and every one of us finds a tiny place in our stomachs for at least one piece of pumpkin pie! Here are five Thanksgiving dessert recipes that are out of this world.

1. Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting

Photo by Taylor Grote on Unsplash

If you didn’t eat enough sweet potatoes for dinner, try these sweet potato cupcakes for dessert! These will for sure get you in the fall spirit. Plus, the marshmallow frosting is super fluffy and delicious.

The good thing about these is that they are cupcakes, so you can easily fit another dessert on your plate. These can also be stored in the fridge, so they are easy for you to take back to school with you… if there are any leftovers. Get the recipe here.

2. Pumpkin Cannolis

Photo by Brianna Santellan on Unsplash

If your family loves frosting, you must make these cannolis. They are filled with a yummy pumpkin frosting and are easy to eat. This is a good dessert to make if you are running late because they take less than an hour and make 12 servings. It’s also great to make if you want to bake with your family because one person can make the cannoli while the others make the frosting to go inside! Here’s the recipe.

3. Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Photo by Mollie Sivaram on Unsplash

Pumpkin spice is the most popular flavor during this time of year. These iced pumpkin cookies are perfect for your pumpkin spice craving. They are filled with cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin puree. These are definitely more fun than the ol’ pumpkin pie… although that is always good as well! Get the recipe here.

4. Apple Squares

Photo by twinsfisch on Unsplash

Are you more of an apple person, than a pumpkin person? These apple squares are simply delicious and easy to eat. Plus, you can also take these back to school with you and have them as a treat while you’re studying for finals. The secret ingredient is walnuts! They add that extra bit of crunch. Try these out and check out the recipe here!

5. Pumpkin Fudge

Photo by taylor gregory on Unsplash

I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love fudge. However, I can’t seem to find it very often. This recipe is perfect because now we can make it ourselves! You can make them into different shapes by putting them into cookie cutters. These are so cute, and you can give them to people for a small holiday treat. Here’s the recipe.

These will be sure to satisfy the sweet tooth in all of us. And the best part about these recipes is that they are a great procrastination technique for our upcoming finals! Good luck and stay sweet!

Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki