yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

The Terp’s 2015 Fall Fashion Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

‘Tis the season filled with pumpkin lattes, autumn leaves, and Halloween. It’s fall. The warm summer months of beachy waves and sunny days is far off in the distance. It’s time to put away the flip flops and bikinis in favor of duck boots and trendy cardigans.

Just because the summer is over doesn’t mean we have to lose our sense of style, or ability to dress in a trendy fashion. As vibrant, enthusiastic, collegiate girls, we have a duty to showcase all our generation has to offer in the terms of dress wear. So, what’s in style this beautiful fall season of 2015? Here’s a guide to help you get dressed in the chilly mornings of autumn.

1. Leather

Leather jackets, leather bags, and leather boots are a staple of the fall season. When leaving your dorm or apartment in the morning, it’s so simple to grab your warm leather coat and step out into the chill.

2. Bright colors

Mismatching bright colors is a simply cute idea to get excited for the fall season. No one told us we have to leave all our bright colors behind at the beach. Let’s start the fall with some of our favorite colored jeans!

3. Over-sized sweaters

Stay warm and comfy all at the same time with over-sized sweaters. These sweaters look great with absolutely anything and come in all different textures and patterns. Match your fall sweater with leggings, jeans, boots, and beanies.

4. Tights on tights on tights

Match your tights with dresses, skirts, or boots.

5. Circle scarves

As trendy college girls, we normally tend to wear sweaters and shirts with a low cut neckline, which most likely expose our necks to the cold and windy weather. Circle scarves come in all different textures and colors and make a spectacular accessory to any fall outfit.

6. Fall nail polish

When the skies become darker and our clothes become warmer, our makeup choices begin to change as well. Change up those bright summer nail polish tones for more appropriate colors. Plum purple and emerald green are just two nail polish colors that will match perfectly with this approaching fall season.

7. Booties

Booties are easy, comfortable, closed-toed shoes to throw on that will keep our feet nice and warm. Booties are the perfect choice for fall footwear.

Hi I'm Taylor Brooke sophomore at the University of Maryland! I'm a communications major and spend most of my free time writing and listening to music. I'm a member of Kappa delta sorority at UMD!