This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The supermoon is coming! Come November 14, the moon will be closer to the Earth than it has been in 68 years, and it will appear up to 14% larger, up to 30% brighter than a normal full moon. You won’t want to miss out on this spectacle, so gather your friends and go on a mini adventure to see the supermoon.

College Park is obviously filled with light pollution, so it may be difficult to find a nice spot to view the supermoon, but walking around campus is always an option. The campus gets pretty dark at night, so you should be able to see the supermoon by wandering around. Just make sure to bring some friends with you so that you’re not just wandering around in the dark by yourself. That’s weird.

The supermoon is going to be an amazing sight so you’re going to want to try and view it under optimum conditions. Find the darkest place you possibly can. You may have to drive around College Park a bit, but it will be worth it. The most important thing to remember is to BE CAREFUL! You’re going to be driving around trying to find a super sweet spot to see this moon and it is very possible that you will not take as much caution as you normally would because of how excited you are to see the supermoon.

Keep an eye on where you’re driving and make sure you’re not trespassing on private property or anything. If you’re going to park your car somewhere where you probably shouldn’t, keep an eye out for other cars and/or police officers.

Speaking of the cops, think before you decide to do anything that could get you arrested. If you want to play loud music and have a good time, you should probably wait until you get back to where you live. You really want to try and be as inconspicuous as possible, especially if you’re somewhere you shouldn’t be, which I don’t recommend. Parking on the side of a random road somewhere is one thing, but if you get drunk and go overboard, things probably won’t end well, so just wait until you get home!

Another thing to consider is the fact that it will be nighttime and so, of course, it will most likely be fairly chilly. It is November after all, so dress warmly. Pull out your cabin socks and your oversized sweaters because this will be the perfect night to utilize them. You could even break out a beanie and a scarf. Also, don’t take gloves for granted. They’re a great invention and you will be happy you wore them.

Lastly, enjoy the scene. Supermoons are fairly rare and they are a beautiful sight. Take in the experience; don’t rush it. Spend time with your friends and take pictures with the terrible camera on your iPhone, because this really bright, oversized moon should be a really memorable experience.