The Struggle Of Growing Your Eyebrows Back In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It can take only a minute to destroy your eyebrows but months to grow them back in. We’ve all been there. Whether you had a bad waxing experience, got a little heavy handed with the tweezers or just weren’t blessed with Cara Delevinge brows, you know the struggle is real.

We all just want our brows to be “on fleek” is that too much to ask for? Apparently, it is when it comes to the process of growing back your eyebrows in.

You’re totally and completely in love with your eyebrows; they’re like a little piece of your soul sitting on your face. But you know it’s time to get those bad boys cleaned up.

Of course you begin to have some anxiety as you prepare to get your eyebrows done. You’re trusting a stranger with something that can change your entire face. I mean really LOOK at that difference…

As you wait your turn to get your brows done you sit there praying that everything is going to be okay.

When you’re done you look in the mirror and your stomach drops. You play off the tears as the aftermath of getting your brows done and say you like them. You don’t have the heart to tell your waxer or threader that they just ruined your life.

When you leave all bets are off and you completely lose it.

You start the lengthy process of growing your brows back in while heavily filling them in everyday.

When someone tries to make you leave your house without having them filled in you’re like…

It’s been over a month and you resist the urge to pluck as your brows grow in sporadically…which makes you go a little crazy.

Some days you just want to throw in the towel.

YOU DID NOT DESERVE THIS CRUEL PUNISHMENT.

Months later, your eyebrows have grown in enough to get them done again. This time you choose wisely who you bestow the task of doing your brows on.

In the end (3-4 months later) your brows are on fleek again and you could not be happier.

Choose wisely who you trust with your eyebrows girls…choose wisely.